Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:26:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  This gives me encouragement for this year.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: This gives me encouragement for this year.  (Read 4827 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 06:18:24 pm »

I like a lot of things about Wallace, but he doesn't exactly run precise routes. Throwing to a spot with him is NOT going to be a success.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 11:56:14 pm »

at least once...

Two things about that pass:

1) It was well-defended; it's not easy to catch a ball when the defender hits your hand first
2) Either Wallace wasn't open and Tannehill threaded a needle, or that was an underthrow and Wallace slowed down to catch it

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 07:57:25 am »

Two things about that pass:

1) It was well-defended; it's not easy to catch a ball when the defender hits your hand first
2) Either Wallace wasn't open and Tannehill threaded a needle, or that was an underthrow and Wallace slowed down to catch it

Honestly ... If I had never even seen you before or knew who Wallace was I'd still see your response a "It doesn't matter what the video shows as Tannehill is wrong". If Wallace openly admitted fault would you still defend him? 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 09:35:31 am »

the ball went between his arms and hit him in the numbers and you blame the QB?  On a clip where you couldn't even see the throw?

Surely, you jest...

I don't care who you are, any professional receiver in the NFL should catch that ball.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2014, 03:52:06 pm »

Saying that the DB hit Wallace's hand is not blaming the QB.  And I did account for the possibility that Tannehill perfectly threaded a pass to a receiver that wasn't open.

But if Wallace was open when the ball was thrown and he had to slow down to catch it (which gave the DB time to catch up), that's an underthrow.  That's my real point: that GIF tells you nothing about whether or not Tannehill hit Wallace in stride, which was the question at hand.

Even if it was underthrown, "Wallace should have caught that underthrown ball" is still a perfectly reasonable answer.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 03:58:19 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2014, 04:25:00 pm »

Apparently the Dolphins added new stuff this week to their red zone offense and it looks pretty good. I'm hoping this is true. Considering Omar can be very negative I'm upbeat that he has enjoyed practices this year.

Omar Kelly       
The Dolphins worked on some red zone stuff today that was new, and it was pretty effective. I love this new offense.

Omar Kelly     
Just when I think Bill Lazor can't impress me anymore.....he roles out some new stuff.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 05:02:57 pm »

Omar Kelly     
Just when I think Bill Lazor can't impress me anymore.....he roles out some new stuff.
Surely, a professional journalist should know the difference between "roles" and "rolls" in that context, no?

[/grammarpolice]
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2014, 05:29:45 pm »

That ball hit the defender's left hand -- tipped balls are very difficult to catch.  Also, the other hand makes contact with the receiver's hand.

I don't think it's the receiver's fault....it might not be the QBs fault either, though.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2014, 05:54:14 pm »

the ball didn't change trajectory after hitting his hand, at least not from that view.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2014, 08:24:18 am »

Surely, a professional journalist should know the difference between "roles" and "rolls" in that context, no?

[/grammarpolice]
It's twitter from a phone where auto-correct and speed makes for some funny reads. I don't overly bent on that. If it was in a column then I'd say your criticism is warranted.

Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2014, 09:12:55 am »

It's twitter from a phone where auto-correct and speed makes for some funny reads. I don't overly bent on that. If it was in a column then I'd say your criticism is warranted.

He makes those types of mistakes in his columns as well.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2014, 09:23:31 am »

He makes those types of mistakes in his columns as well.

He probably phones in his columns Wink
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2014, 09:25:51 am »

He probably phones in his columns Wink

If that is allowed, time to fire the editor.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2014, 03:36:31 pm »

If he makes those same mistakes in his columns then time to fire the editor anyway.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray