Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:45:39 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Mass Effect 3 and 4
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 and 4  (Read 1608 times)
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« on: August 25, 2014, 11:57:46 am »

Any Mass Effect fans here?

I've read that Mass Effect 4's launch will be pushed back to next year, which is disappointing. I've also heard that Shepard's story is completely over, despite what the extended cut DLC showed at the end of the "destroy" ending.

Speaking of which, I wanted to ask anyone out there who is a Mass Effect fan, what did you think of ME3's ending?

I came to the franchise very late (last year, while on paternity leave). I was therefore able to play through all three games back to back, and didn't start downloading DLC until I finished ME 3 the first time. The original ending certainly left a little to be desired, but, I wasn't really upset with it. From what I read around the web though, it apparently appalled a large number of people.

Can anyone tell me why they were appalled - if anyone here was?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 01:07:20 pm »

I played ME1, which I ended up really liking, but almost couldn't get through.  That game, despite its quality, had MAJOR problems.  It let you get really far in the game without really knowing how to play.  And then, when it got hard, you couldn't catch up.  I had a really tough time with it, but once I understood that I'd been playing half the game incorrectly and retooled and re-learned on the fly, it was awesome.

I loved ME2 and thought it was much better and they did a great job of fixing things and making the game more fun.

I started ME3, but my 2 year old is demanding in the evenings, so I've pretty much given up on video games entirely.  I never got off the ground with that one.

I drink your milkshake!
DenverFinFan
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 04:05:11 pm »

Played and loved 2 and 3.  The ending wasn't as bad as many people claim, I just wish all the decisions had more of an impact.

Can't wait for 4 will have to spend a lot of money....

I wish the Asari were real though.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 04:44:18 pm »

I played ME3. It was an entertaining game.

I'm more of an Oblivion/Skyrim guy, though.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 12:53:59 pm »

I'm just starting to play Star Wars: The Old Republic.  I've never played an MMO before.

I'm just at the starting levels, but so far, it plays like Bioware's RPG, Knights of the Old Republic, but with Mass Effect's conversation system for light/dark points and giving out quests.  And then you have other people running around in your world.

Fun so far, but I've only played once.

I drink your milkshake!
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 10:32:07 pm »

why does it feel like im the only jackass that never played any of these games...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray