Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:31:33 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Comic Book News
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Comic Book News  (Read 3232 times)
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« on: August 29, 2014, 09:28:53 am »

1 - An Underworld reboot is underway.

2 - Resident Evil is on hiatus while Milla is pregnant. Will finish filming the latest installment next summer.

3 - Hawkeye won't die in Age of Ultron
3a - Like Black Widow in Cap 2, Hawkeye will be prominent in Cap 3.

4 - Rumors have Cap leaving the Avengers at the end of Ultron
4a - Mockingbird will appear as a guest on S.H.I.E.L.D. played by Adrianne Palicki. This is important as Cap is tied more closely to S.H.I.E.L.D then anyone and Hawkeye will be more prominently featured in Cap and Mockingbird is a love interest of Hawkeye. (see it all ties together)
4b - Rumors also state that if Cap leaves the Avengers to start a new team, for example, and Hawkeye is featured in the next Cap movie AND they bring in Mockingbird, the formation of the West Coast Avengers could occur.
4c - With no Cap, Iron Man would lead Avengers. Which could then take us to Cap vs Iron Man for Civil War.
4d - Chris Evans contract ends with one last Avengers movie. SPOILER ALERT: If Civil War happens, Cap gets shot. Could be Evan's / studio's way to move on afterwards.

5 - Supposed sketches released from when Michael Bay wanted the Turtles to be aliens: http://www.slashfilm.com/unused-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-designs/

6 - Shazam movie on DC's lineup. Rumors to star 'The Rock'. Will he be Shazam or Black Adam?

7 - Unusual approach to an Aquaman movie: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/DC-Comics-Has-An-Unusual-Plan-Bring-You-Best-Aquaman-Movie-Possible-66737.html

oh, let's end with 'aggravated sodomy' -
http://www.news.com.au/world/brother-and-sister-arrested-for-sex-in-church-parking-lot-after-watching-the-notebook/story-fndir2ev-1227041235220

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 12:52:36 pm »

I have been calling Civil War for a while.  It just makes sense.  It would be the most interesting and the story is already heading that way.

With the way that "big government" has already treated Cap, I can see him souring on any kind of technology that might be able to track superheroes, especially in the hands of one person.  With reports that Ultron is birthed from Tony Stark's Iron Man tech, this will further play into it.

It's a way to bring all of these characters into one film and have them fight each other.  It would be totally epic.  It could also serve as the death or exile to get rid of any actors and replace them: black Captain America, female Thor, get rid of Iron Man for a couple of films...whatever.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 03:02:49 pm »

oh, let's end with 'aggravated sodomy' -

I prefer to start with aggravated sodomy, as it makes my dates much more compliant for all of the other freakier shit that daddy has in his bag...

1 - An Underworld reboot is underway.

Since the term "underworld reboot" is the common slang term for aggravated sodomy, I suppose you started with it as well.

2 - Resident Evil is on hiatus while Milla is pregnant.

If Milla had stuck to a strict regimen of aggravated sodomy, she wouldn't be pregnant, and the upcoming "Resident Evil 37: Zombie Worms" film wouldn't be needlessly delayed

5 - Supposed sketches released from when Michael Bay wanted the Turtles to be aliens:

With their ability to retract inside their shells, both alien and traditional turtles are nearly impervious to aggravated sodomy.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 03:06:17 pm »

I don't think the female Thor or Afro-Hispanic Spider-Man will be making it into film any time soon.

mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 03:14:29 pm »

The Preacher graphic novels dealt quite hilariously with aggregated sodomy.  "It's buggerin' time!"

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 03:38:48 pm »

The Preacher graphic novels dealt quite hilariously with aggregated sodomy.  "It's buggerin' time!"

Adding The Preacher graphic novels to my read list...it's just that easy. Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 11:27:56 pm »

I just saw my autocorrect mistake.  Aggregated sodomy sounds much worse than a single aggravated one.

Preacher by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon is one of my favorite comic series of all time.  It's definitely worth a read.
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 09:53:33 am »

I was talking about this with William Katt recently. I asked why it wasn't in the news, why with all the other reboots, the popularity of super heroes, etc... he wasn't pushing for his show to be rebooted. He just kinda smiled but didn't say anything. I'm guessing now that its because he couldn't say anything at the time.

Here's the announcement:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/29/greatest-american-hero-reboot-fox/

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 11:19:25 am »

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luther

I appreciate all of the bitchin' comic book news and insights, but on behalf of copy editors and villain-lovers everywhere, would you please fix the spelling of the villain's name in your signature block? It's actually Lex Luthor.

~ Micah Leggat
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 02:48:56 pm »

HA! Awesome. I copied and pasted that line from an article I read so long ago. Had to be a little bit after TDMMC went live. Never caught it (how often do i read my own sig, its like calling my own phone)...

Ultimate Spiderman to appear on the animated series (started Sunday actually). Whether you're for or against this version, this cosplay is really good. Almost movie quality...

http://toybox.io9.com/this-ultimate-spider-man-cosplay-is-nothing-short-of-in-1629209890

VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 11:33:47 am »

Cool story about GoTG - may contain spoilers if you haven't seen the movie yet

http://ap.ign.com/en/guardians-of-the-galaxy/76082/news/this-was-the-nixed-stan-lee-cameo-for-guardians-of

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 11:35:09 am »

HA! Awesome. I copied and pasted that line from an article I read so long ago. Had to be a little bit after TDMMC went live. Never caught it (how often do i read my own sig, its like calling my own phone)...

I've been catching up on Smallville lately, and Lex Luthor is definitely one of my favorite characters in this show. Grin

On a sci-fi movie note, though not really a comic book-related deal... I recently watched the short film "Prelude to Axanar," which is a documentary-style film in the Star Trek universe that tells about the events leading up to the big war with the Klingons. I have to admit that I was skeptical coming in, but was totally hooked by about 3 minutes into the movie. I highly recommend it for any Star Trek fans.

~ Micah Leggat
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 02:13:28 pm »

News from 'The Rock' -

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/09/03/the-rock-confirms-black-adam-role-the-antihero-in-shazam/

VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 11:12:47 am »

Cartoon network to pick up 'Transformers: Robots in Disguise'. This animated series will take place after the events of Transformers: Prime with Bumblebee leading the autobots while Optimus is gone.

Sony looking to start a Robin Hood cinematic universe. Will introduce characters Will, Big John, etc.. and possible spinoff movies.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray