Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:39:50 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game Balls - vs. Patriots
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Game Balls - vs. Patriots  (Read 3447 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 10:37:41 pm »

Moreno gets a game ball today.  Great, hard running.

I drink your milkshake!
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 07:54:06 am »

Moreno gets it over Wake, mainly because everyone knows the level of play Wake brings week in week out. After a preseason of knee surgery recovery and reportedly being deconditioned, who would have thought Moreno would look that good? -EK
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 08:22:05 am »

Moreno is the easy choice and  rightfully so, he ran hard, made great cuts and willed his way to extra yards.

I will say this once and let it go, while RT had a good game, he still stared down WRs too long and forced the ball IMO to Wallace, when other guys were opened.  In particular the TD catch that was tipped, and juggled by Wallace before he hauled it in.  There 3 NE defenders in the area.

I watched him many, many more times on his drops and he seemed to lock in on his primary target.  The only time late in the game when he didn't was when he came back across the middle to Hartline on a 3rd and short during the TD drive that put MIA up 30-20.

He's got to get away from that.  It's almost like he doesn't trust his arm or decision making.  If he can get away from that, he could have a HUGE season, especially if the running game is clicking as it is.

Go Phins!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather be lucky than good.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 09:20:57 am »

No one has mentioned it but LB Chris McCain had the blocked punt and a sack. Two very big plays for a guy most Dolphin fans do not even know.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 09:23:11 am »

How about Samson Satele for neutralizing Vince Wildfork? Something he was not able to do in his previous stint with Miami.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 09:28:12 am »

Satele played very well. If you took expectations into consideration I think the O-Line surpassed all of them and I'm even referring to homer optimists. They played so much better than I had expected.

As well, through two games Moreno has been much more than I bargained for. I noticed in the Dallas game ... dude never stops pumping his legs until he hits the ground. He gives max effort every time. You can't teach that.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 10:43:26 am »

Game Ball to the Miami Weather, which helped weaken the Pats lines.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 10:46:15 am »

Game Ball to the Miami Weather, which helped weaken the Pats lines.

Yeah, yeah, if we lose in NE it's because it's cold  Roll Eyes
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 11:34:41 am »

I think Moreno gets the game ball, but not for the same reason why you think.

I think the D-line completely shut down Brady in the second half, and is the reason why the Dolphins won the game.  I heard an interview with Olivier Vernon after the game, who said they were getting pep-talked on the sidelines by Moreno and they were feeding off his energy.  The guy was a beast, running well, and came off the field beating his chest and energizing the fans and his teammates.

I feel like this is just the type of player the Dolphins needed after last season.

I want to see how he responds when he struggles, but for now, Moreno is my pick.

Honorable Mention to Will Davis.  That guy was on the field a LOT and Brady was targeting him.  He played well yesterday.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 11:51:27 am »

My vote is for the OL.  Not only did Tannehill take only one sack, but the run game (38att/191yd) was largely on the OL, too.

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 01:22:14 pm »

Michael Sams.

(I don't want the NFL calling and saying we aren't giving him a fair shot)

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 04:20:43 pm »

LOL^^^^

Mine goes to Moreno.....he carried a heavy load to help open up the passing game.

Honorable Mention......the beast known as Wake!!!! He was in Brady's grill all day!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray