Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:28:27 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - vs. Patriots
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - vs. Patriots  (Read 8312 times)
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 08:13:57 am »

Tannehill, Wallace and Miller each turned the ball over and each had some measure of atonement later in the game. Miami beat a team by double digits that very few people thought they would. What's the point of a SOTG? No one gets it from me. -EK

This guy gets it. (I know, I know, I know, it's EK  Grin)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 08:43:30 am »

Not sure if it rates a "shame of the game", but I'm getting a little tired of Wallace running sloppy and incomplete routes.  He needs to help out his QB and come back to the ball once in a while instead of just sitting static and waiting for it to come to him. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 09:13:01 am »

Not sure if it rates a "shame of the game", but I'm getting a little tired of Wallace running sloppy and incomplete routes.  He needs to help out his QB and come back to the ball once in a while instead of just sitting static and waiting for it to come to him. 
That's it. I try not to get frustrated over mistakes but he seems "Ginn like" in his effort a lot of times. I guess I feel he should lay it all out there for what we paying him. His biggest contribution at times is decoy and that is frustrating. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 10:46:40 am »

SOTG goes to the Miami "Fans" that  A) failed to pack the stadium, and B) started whining online before the first half was even over.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 11:06:44 am »

^^^ I don't think you can fault anyone for not packing the stadium. Hah.

And the whining was certainly necessary, considering 3 turn overs and going down 20-10 in the half.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 11:11:21 am »

I've seen two different sources showing attendance at 70,630 and it looked like I saw quite a few people. I don't think attendance was an issue yesterday at all.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 11:43:25 am »

I am going to agree with the Wallace pick here.  For a guy rated so high (and getting paid as such) he needs to be less lazy on the field.  Come back to the ball, work on the hands.  I want to punch someone every time I see him drop a well-thrown ball.

The TD he caught was a completely lucky bounce.  I don't know if he deserves a ton of credit for it, but I'm glad he didn't drop it.

SOTG Mike Wallace.  You're supposed to be a #1 WR, but you don't play like it.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 04:24:06 am »

SOTG goes to the Miami "Fans" that  A) failed to pack the stadium, and B) started whining online before the first half was even over.

You can't blame fans for not wasting their time to watch a losing product. I'm a die hard fan. I drive from where I'm stationed at in Georgia to attend a few games yearly to watch the Fins. But this year I'm only attending the game in Jacksonville. Been going to games since I moved to the US in 1988. I am tired of the seating in the stadium. It sucks. Last season I went to 3 games 2 of which were in Miami and my family really was not feeling the experience no more. This just my rant and opinion.  Hopefully this season the fins will go back to winning and people will start to fill the seats.  Die hard fan or not, people want to see wins not losses

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 11:22:12 am »

How can you blame fans for not wanting to spend a lot money to watch the game in the blazing sun and expose themselves to possible skin cancer.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 11:33:45 am »

How can you blame fans for not wanting to spend a lot money to watch the game in the blazing sun and expose themselves to possible skin cancer.

Or pay $25 parking to park on gravel and grass.  Going to a football game these days is a $200 event... and that's just if you're bringing the wife. It gets exponentially more expensive for each kid you have.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 11:37:32 am »

^^ I heard parking this year was raised to $35
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 11:38:44 am »

If I don't get free tickets I don't think I'll go to another game. Just costs way too much.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2014, 11:50:15 am »

I don't know if you've heard, but they have this stuff now called sunscreen, and its suppose to protect you from the harmful rays of the sun.  Not to mention, even without sunscreen three hours in the sun is not going to give you cancer.  I'd bet the beaches of Miami had plenty of people out enjoying the sunny day.  Granted, attending an NFL game is an expensive endeavor and not affordable to many, but opening day against your biggest divisional rival should be an easy sellout, pack the house game.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 12:05:50 pm »

^ I just don't think that way anymore.

It's entertainment, pure and simple.

And the home experience is a better package.  Cheap, comfortable, and quick.

I go to games here and there, but it's an all-day experience.  It's hot as hell, it's expensive to get in, and God forbid if you want to eat something.  If you want to eat something good, there's nothing for you.

I'm not saying that I never want to go to games, but I don't fault anyone for staying home, getting a more pleasant experience for free, where you can fast forward commercials and hang out with your friends and family.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 02:55:00 pm »

^^^ I don't disagree with any of the points you made, and I agree. BUT, this was not any game, it was the season opener against your biggest rival.  Pats, Bills, & Jets games should always be easy sell-outs.  If it was a mid or late season game against the Browns I could understand, but not for a game against the Pats.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray