Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:40:32 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Where is the Adrian Peterson talk?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Where is the Adrian Peterson talk?  (Read 11147 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 11:35:12 am »

I guess my parents should both be doing 25 to life for all the wooden spoons and belts I got beat with when I was a kid. My mom had a yardstick in the car so she could more easily reach us in the back seat.
There's a difference between litigating something that happened 30 years ago and today.  Times change.

There are many things that were perfectly acceptable in the 1950s that were not acceptable in the 1980s.  It shouldn't be too hard to think of some of them.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 05:07:17 am »

The AP is reporting that AP was just deactivated indefinitely by the Vikings and placed on the "Exempt Commissioner Permission List", which basically means he's been suspended from all team activity.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/vikings-bring-back-peterson-abuse-charge-25529651
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 05:18:46 am »

The AP is reporting that AP was just deactivated indefinitely by the Vikings and placed on the "Exempt Commissioner Permission List", which basically means he's been suspended from all team activity.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/vikings-bring-back-peterson-abuse-charge-25529651

It's the right thing to do
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 05:46:41 am »

And great for my fantasy team !
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 12:09:27 pm »

I think the main thing to learn from this story is that half-measures only hurt you.

SF has done absolutely nothing about Ray McDonald and you don't hear their sponsors getting squirrelly.
MIN decided to sit AP and then reinstate him, which is where they got in trouble.  They could have done exactly the same thing SF did, which is say "we're waiting for due process" and leave it at that.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 01:13:18 pm »

I think the main thing to learn from this story is that half-measures only hurt you.

SF has done absolutely nothing about Ray McDonald and you don't hear their sponsors getting squirrelly.
MIN decided to sit AP and then reinstate him, which is where they got in trouble.  They could have done exactly the same thing SF did, which is say "we're waiting for due process" and leave it at that.

That is certainly part of it, but another part is the difference in stature/public popularity. When you say the name "Adrian Peterson," everyone knows you're talking about a sports superstar. If you mention the name "Ray McDonald," most people outside the Bay Area will ask "Did Old McDonald have a son, E-I-E-I-O?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 05:15:30 pm »

I guess the old "innocent until proven guilty" is out the window, huh?
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 05:41:38 pm »

(well, yes, it's been gone since the birth of the Internet, if not before)

In fairness, though, the facts of the case don't really seem to be the issue with AP. It is, first and foremost, a matter of his conduct (the result of which has been documented). Is that conduct acceptable? The issue of legality is completely secondary.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 05:47:42 pm »

He is innocent still. He is still getting paid by his employer. They just don't want him at work till this gets sorted out with the legal system.

Nothing wrong with that at all. AP can't bitch...the paychecks are still coming in.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 12:30:38 pm »

I think Peterson took it too far. He needs parenting classes but doesn't appear to be purposely abusing his kid. It's hard to equate to him to murderers and women abusers IMO.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 12:39:39 pm »

I swear I'm not making this stuff up. My friend who had Rice & AP on his team had picked up Dwyer for his bench earlier this week.

Between injuries and arrests, I've never seen a year in the NFL like this one.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 01:10:34 pm »

^^^I read that to my roommate and he cackled like a madman... Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 06:56:57 pm »

The Vikings just cut "ELITE NFL WR" Jerome Simpson today.

Guess the pressure is on to get rid of some scumbags after the AP situation.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2014, 09:16:01 pm »

I finally saw the pictures of AP's kid.

It's pretty cut and dry child abuse.  My daughter is turning 3 this week.  She's so innocent.  No child deserves lashings.  Hell, no person deserves lashings.

Apparently, he has 7 kids with different women all across the country.  Dude's a scumbag.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2014, 02:20:59 am »

I finally saw the pictures of AP's kid.

It's pretty cut and dry child abuse.  My daughter is turning 3 this week.  She's so innocent.  No child deserves lashings.  Hell, no person deserves lashings.

Apparently, he has 7 kids with different women all across the country.  Dude's a scumbag.

Yep!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray