Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:49:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Concerns about game management.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Concerns about game management.  (Read 6408 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 07:38:42 pm »

I mean, there's a difference between being unable to, say, execute a throw, and simply not knowing what to do.  The latter is 100% coaching.

In key clock situations, the coaches should be reemphasizing to Tanny "do not take a sack, throw the ball away" or "do not throw the ball away, just go down if you have to."  That is coaching, pure and simple.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 06:16:48 am »

In key clock situations, the coaches should be reemphasizing to Tanny "do not take a sack, throw the ball away" or "do not throw the ball away, just go down if you have to."  That is coaching, pure and simple.

It would help if the play called for a roll-out and not a straight drop-back. On the second sack (the one that took us completely out of fg range), Tannehill was still between the tackles with THREE defenders through. No way to scramble and you really didn't see the play if you think he could have safely thrown it away (without getting an intentional grounding penalty).
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 11:31:23 am »

Another item popped up for me at this week's Jax game.  Early 4th quarter (I think 10+ min. on the clock), Miami 1st and goal at the Jax 5 yard line, up by 18 pts.  Why not run the ball three times and start eating up the clock??  Miller was doing well at this point, so why not start using the clock??  At worst you get stuffed three times, kick a FG, and are up 21 pts.  Instead Tanny throws an interception.  Sure 21 pts aren't insurmountable, but they would have burned a couple minutes off the clock also; not to mention they weren't playing against a Brady, Manning, or Rodgers.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray