Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:19:31 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game -at Bears
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game -at Bears  (Read 12560 times)
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2014, 09:21:54 am »

^^^ Last I checked, that goes into the missed column.

Sturgis by far gets the shame.

Last I checked, he wasn't blocking.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2014, 09:35:01 am »

I appreciate the passion that dolphins4life obviously has for the team.  And he seems like he is probably a nice enough guy.  But whew, he sure does come out with some things that make me think to myself, "WTF, did I read that right?  Let me go back and re-read it."
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2014, 10:59:08 am »

Was the blocked field goal the fault of Sturgis or the offensive line?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2014, 01:10:23 pm »

Was the blocked field goal the fault of Sturgis or the offensive line?

You could place it on both I guess. Line should have blocked better and Sturgis should have put more height on the kick... It was only a thirty something yarder.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2014, 02:31:02 pm »

D4Life - Who's negativity on the Game Logs here, makes it impossible to read during a game.  Last week he was calling for Matt Moore at halftime, this week the negativity started before the game and continued throughout.  Any unbiased observer would say Miami had a great game.  It is a rarity that an NFL game goes flawlessly for any team, you have to expect your team to make a few mistakes every game.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2014, 04:25:16 pm »

Sturgis is starting to get a lifetime achievement award -- sure, that one kick may have been because of poor protection, but he might have been able to kick it higher, as well.  I'm just having a hard time making excuses for this many missed kicks. 

He misses a lot of kicks.  There are two more this week....sure, they might've been far or might've had additional pressure, but it's getting out of hand.

I drink your milkshake!
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2014, 04:35:25 pm »

Sturgis is starting to get a lifetime achievement award -- sure, that one kick may have been because of poor protection, but he might have been able to kick it higher, as well.  I'm just having a hard time making excuses for this many missed kicks. 

He misses a lot of kicks.  There are two more this week....sure, they might've been far or might've had additional pressure, but it's getting out of hand.

He was 9 of 10 before this game with his lone miss from over 50 yards I believe. He was having a pretty good season until the Chicago game and missed a 50 yarder and had the other one blocked.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2014, 04:59:35 pm »

He seemed shaky in preseason (doesn't matter, I know).

He's at 78 percent for this year.
He was at 76 percent last year. 

It looks like more of the same to me.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2014, 05:32:46 pm »

Bang it long enough, and you might actually start making sense. Giving the shame to the offense when Tannehill had the best game of his relatively young career does seem pretty silly. As a matter of fact, despite the fact that I really do like you, I am going to throw a flag on you for being Intentionally Ungrounded.  Back it up ten yards and keep running post patterns until you get it right. Wink

You can't throw a flag on that play, I may have been in the pocket, but there was definitely a receiver in the area   Wink

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2014, 11:15:18 pm »

You can't throw a flag on that play, I may have been in the pocket, but there was definitely a receiver in the area   Wink

That wasn't a receiver, it was a beer vendor in section 425...  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2014, 11:40:25 am »

^^^ And I haven't seen a beer vendor in the stands at an NFL game in at least a decade.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray