Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:47:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Mike Pouncey being investigated for assault
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Mike Pouncey being investigated for assault  (Read 15465 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2014, 10:41:12 am »

Unless you are a first person witness to a story, there is ALWAYS more to the story than what the media reports. Sometimes the missing pieces are meaningless...sometimes not so much.
Even first witness is tainted by perspective.  Read this board and see how many times two people see the exact same thing differently just because of the perspective they see it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2014, 10:42:39 am »

That's my point -

Two guys involved in the same incident - for one guy you are willing to dismiss it, but for the other guy its the worst thing in the world?  Why is it different?  They were both involved.  They are both equally guilty.

Just because one guy wore a hat (oh right, they BOTH wore that same hat) and hung a jersey in his house for his friend?  Really, where is the difference aside from one guy had Richie Incognito as a teammate?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2014, 10:43:36 am »

I am not commenting on Maurice, because I know nothing about him, frankly. 
Including Maurkice's name it appears.  Grin
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2014, 10:54:52 am »

Two guys involved in the same incident - for one guy you are willing to dismiss it, but for the other guy its the worst thing in the world?  Why is it different?  They were both involved.  They are both equally guilty.

I feel like we're talking in circles.  First off, I'm not dismissing anyone.  I don't know dick about Maurkice (including his name).  But since he is a player on the team that I follow, I don't care about his involvement, thus I'm not talking about it.

But again, you're talking about guilt and innocence.  I am not.  This isn't a court of law.  I am talking about bad judgment to be constantly putting yourself into situations where you're painted in a negative light. 

Mike Pouncey is continually in the news for stupid shit.  Enough.  The guy is a clown.

Those types of players are distracting and unable to be leaders.  You can't build around it.  So, fine -- keep him around, but don't be surprised when he's in some other incident that's not his fault later this year, since everyone is out to get him.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2014, 02:26:08 pm »

Really, where is the difference aside from one guy had Richie Incognito as a teammate?

That one guy also wore a "free herndez hat."  Pouncey is a thug who asks for trouble.  I get that Pouncey is YOUR thug so you support him.  But the guy is an asshole who causes trouble, even if in this one instance he was 100% at fault. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2014, 02:33:54 pm »

That one guy also wore a "free herndez hat."  Pouncey is a thug who asks for trouble.  I get that Pouncey is YOUR thug so you support him.  But the guy is an asshole who causes trouble, even if in this one instance he was 100% at fault. 

They both wore those hats, that is part of Brian's point.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2014, 03:18:29 pm »

They both wore those hats, that is part of Brian's point.

Yes, but Brian's point to whom?  Is it that Maurkice gets a free pass in the media, but Maurice doesn't?  If so, I guess that's fair.  But in this market (and on this website), nobody gives a crap about him because he doesn't play for our team.

And also, all teams aren't the same.  Maybe some organizations are strong enough to have the occasional idiot worth a risk.  But not us...not with our recent history and all the PR problems.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2014, 07:52:54 pm »

Maurkice is a moron too. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2014, 10:46:56 am »

It looks like Maurkice will be charged and Mike will not. With that said I wonder if his will even stick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/08/report-maurkice-pouncey-to-be-charged-with-battery-mike-pouncey-wont-be/

The Pouncey brothers have maintained that they were not involved in an physical altercation at a Miami nightclub that left three people injured, but the lawyer for the trio says that Miami Beach police disagree.

Attorney Marwan Porter told Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald that police have indicated to him that Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey will be charged with misdemeanor battery as a result of his actions. Maurkice allegedly punched one of the injured parties in the face and, per the report, could be formally charged on Friday. Beasley also reports that Dolphins center Mike Pouncey is not expected to be charged.

A police spokeswoman told the Herald that a final meeting between police and prosecutors is still pending and that no charges would come until it takes place. Jeff Ostrow, the attorney for the Pounceys, said that he did not believe that an assistant state attorney had been assigned to review the case.

“Until such time, no charges can be formally filed against either of my clients,” Ostrow said. “From what we’ve discovered, the evidence supporting the battery claims is flimsy, at best.”

Ostrow added that he thought the flimsiness of the evidence would lead the authorities to pass on charging either of his clients and has previously threatened a countersuit against Porter’s clients if they sue the Pouncey brothers.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2014, 09:42:36 am »

Well ... it looks like much ado about nothing. Isn't it funny how little news it makes when it turns out to be nothing?

Pouncey brothers won't face charges for alleged altercation at birthday party

The Miami-Dade Office of the State Attorney has determined that Mike and Maurkice Pouncey, twin brothers who play in the NFL, will not be charged in connection with an altercation that occurred at their birthday party inside Cameo Nightclub this summer.

Miami Beach police investigated battery claims made from a South Florida man who alleges the twin brothers and NFL Pro Bowl centers assaulted him during their annual birthday party.

The alleged victim, Riquan James, and two others, Niya Pickett and Brentley Williams, hired a personal injury attorney, Marwan Porter, and filed a civil lawsuit against the Pounceys over the incident that took place on July 12.

James used his social media account to accuse Mike and Maurkice Pouncey, and the club's bouncers of battery, and claims he went to the hospital for medical treatment which included 10 stitches.

Miami Beach police investigated the battery claims and turned over all information to the state attorney's office, which ultimately decided there wasn't enough evidence to file charges.

"This confirms that the previous claim that the brothers were involved was false and fabricated by individuals seeking notoriety and monetary gain," said Jeff Ostrow, personal counsel to the Pounceys.

Maurkice Pouncey, the Steelers starting center, was implicated as the aggressor in the alleged altercation. Maurkice and Mike Pouncey, the Dolphins' starting right guard, must still deal with the civil suit from the alleged victims.

Copyright © 2014, Sun Sentinel
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-pouncey-brothers-wont-face-charges-for-alleged-altercation-at-birthday-party-20141022-story.html?track=rss

Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2014, 11:01:27 am »

But it will make big headlines again if the "victims" win the lawsuit...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray