Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:06:40 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Seattle is a mess in the locker-room
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Seattle is a mess in the locker-room  (Read 4466 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: October 23, 2014, 06:24:13 am »

http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/22/russell-wilson-is-black-enough-seahawks-players-allegedly-say/

It appears some on the team don't like Russell Wilson and who he hangs out with and how he doesn't take responsibility at times during games. And Percy Harvin was not a good guy to have on your team and is just a bad teammate.  Marshawn Lynch was so mad after the Harvin trade he almost did get on the airplane for the game.

That team is imploding
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 07:56:18 am »

Sweet. I'd love to see Pete Carroll's team just kind of free-fall.
JGreenMachine

What's the deal?

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 07:58:10 am »

Sad really.  This team was set up to win multiple Super Bowls. 

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 11:39:45 am »

This is what happens when you lose games you should win and your season is slipping away.  Seattle, Chicago...or Miami in prior years.  The blame game starts.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 12:47:54 pm »

This is another example of a team having early season struggles but turning things around by the time the playoffs roll around.

Seattle will be fine.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 04:49:00 pm »

This is another example of a team having early season struggles but turning things around by the time the playoffs roll around.

Seattle will be fine.

Maybe. But I would tend to think this team isn't going to be fine. If Arizona keeps winning and if SF gets healthy that might be a 3rd place team in their division that misses the playoffs.  Wouldn't shock me in the least if this blows up into a bigger drama and that team misses the playoffs. Not saying it will happen, just wouldn't shock me if it did
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 04:55:16 pm »

Is there anyone that thinks Arizona will not implode?  I'd be willing to bet that they have a 4-game losing streak at some point during this season.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 05:06:33 pm »

Is there anyone that thinks Arizona will not implode?  I'd be willing to bet that they have a 4-game losing streak at some point during this season.

I would tend to agree but they are looking really good right now at 5-1
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 05:40:44 pm »

Looking at their schedule, I expect them to finish the season with no more than 8 wins.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 06:26:40 pm »

The reason I say that about Seattle is because at the beginning of the season, it was pretty much a consensus among football people that Seattle had one of the most talented rosters in the league. Talent can occasionally hit a funk, based on chemistry, complacency, et al, but that talent doesn't just disappear.

I am not so sure that Arizona will implode though. They have a solid defense, a veteran QB, a versatile RB and an excellent WR corps. I still fully expect the NFC West will send at least two teams to the playoffs, and if AZ keeps it up, they could easily make it three.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 06:12:26 am »

The reason I say that about Seattle is because at the beginning of the season, it was pretty much a consensus among football people that Seattle had one of the most talented rosters in the league. Talent can occasionally hit a funk, based on chemistry, complacency, et al, but that talent doesn't just disappear.

I am not so sure that Arizona will implode though. They have a solid defense, a veteran QB, a versatile RB and an excellent WR corps. I still fully expect the NFC West will send at least two teams to the playoffs, and if AZ keeps it up, they could easily make it three.

That won't happen. Dallas and Philly are both going to the playoffs from the NFC East. There will be one odd team out in the NFC West
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 09:20:29 am »

but that talent doesn't just disappear.

Talent disappears all the time. Sometimes talent is mistaken for luck, ideal situations, etc. It is very common for the consensus of football people to say the defending champ has the most talented roster, but it is also very common for that team to fall apart the next season.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 06:12:06 pm »

Talent disappears all the time. Sometimes talent is mistaken for luck, ideal situations, etc. It is very common for the consensus of football people to say the defending champ has the most talented roster, but it is also very common for that team to fall apart the next season.

Isn't it more common for the runner-up to fall apart? While repeating is extremely unlikely and champions have a target painted on them, they still manage decently the following season.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 08:11:06 pm »

That won't happen. Dallas and Philly are both going to the playoffs from the NFC East. There will be one odd team out in the NFC West
I wouldn't be so sure about Dallas. They are playing excellent football, but they are paper thin. If they start having any injury issues, I got a feeling the team will crumble. And injuries could happen. Tony Romo has a bad back and doesn't practice at least once every week. I'm not sure that Demarco Murray can stand up to the kind of pounding his body is taking. Either one of those guys go down, it's bye bye Dallas.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 10:21:30 pm »

No Super Bowl champion has won a playoff game the following year since the '04 Patriots.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray