Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:43:56 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Amazing Tannehill Stat
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Amazing Tannehill Stat  (Read 5629 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: November 13, 2014, 11:57:18 pm »

When Tanny has a QB Rating of 91.0 or better, Miami is 16-0. When he doesn't, they are 5-21.

I would be surprised if even guys like Brady or Peyton have a split that dramatic.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 06:44:44 am »

When Tanny has a QB Rating of 91.0 or better, Miami is 16-0. When he doesn't, they are 5-21.

I would be surprised if even guys like Brady or Peyton have a split that dramatic.

Brady and Manning have been on better teams. So the split won't be that dramatic. If they have an off day they can still have their team win as others can pick up the slack. Till this year Tannehill has been on bad to just average at best teams for the most part. Which plays a big factor in that split
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 08:23:47 am »

A few years back I saw a similar stat for Brady.  Don't recall the exact numbers but it was dramatic. Probably about the same.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 08:37:19 am »

Stat really just proves its a QB league. You can have a great team but if you don't have quality QB play in a game its tough to win.  The days of having a "game manager" type QB are dead and buried. This is the NEW NFL.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 10:17:18 am »

Stat really just proves its a QB league. You can have a great team but if you don't have quality QB play in a game its tough to win.  The days of having a "game manager" type QB are dead and buried. This is the NEW NFL.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 10:19:44 am »

^^ While Wilson isn't elite I would say he is better than a game manager.  He is an above average QB who gives quality QB play
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 10:21:36 am »

^^ While Wilson isn't elite I would say he is better than a game manager as well.  He is an above average QB who gives quality QB play most weeks

Being a game manager doesn't mean you aren't a good QB or below average QB. It means they rely on you to protect the ball and make some plays, not to carry the team.

Russell Wilson doesn't carry the team by any means. The defense and the running game carried that team last year, so your assertion that the days of the game manager QB are over is incorrect.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 10:22:27 am »

Being a game manager doesn't mean you aren't a good QB or below average QB. It means they rely on you to protect the ball and make some plays, not to carry the team.

Russell Wilson doesn't carry the team by any means. The defense and the running game carried that team last year, so your assertion that the days of the game manager QB are over is incorrect.

We disagree on the term of what a "game manger" is. No biggie. We can just agree to disagree.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 10:27:43 am »

We disagree on the term of what a "game manger" is. No biggie. We can just agree to disagree.

I agree with the definition most experts use, including those that work in the NFL.

What does Game Manager (Quarterback) Mean?

A quarterback that makes very few costly mistakes or turnovers.  Game managers rely on a strong defense and rushing attack to win the game.

You agree with the definition you've invented.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 10:32:24 am »

I agree with the definition most experts use, including those that work in the NFL.

You agree with the definition you've invented.

No need to be so combative. We can be civil and just agree to disagree!
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 10:33:09 am »

No need to be so combative.

Who took over Mike's account???
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 10:35:02 am »

Who took over Mike's account???

Nobody but you are clearly being combative looking to start something. Just don't care enough to argue over a "game manager" title or what "Russell Wilson" is. Don't wish to have that debate. And I know nothing I say will change your mind. So, why go in circles all day? I got better things to do as I am sure you do too
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 10:37:07 am »

you guys should hug
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 10:45:39 am »

Nobody but you are clearly being combative looking to start something. Just don't care enough to argue over a "game manager" title or what "Russell Wilson" is. Don't wish to have that debate. And I know nothing I say will change your mind. So, why go in circles all day? I got better things to do as I am sure you do too

Yes, because I'm the guy that "starts something" and you're such a pacifist.

Sorry man, but you love to opine in absolutes and a lot of times when you do so, the commentary is pretty inaccurate.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014, 10:50:43 am »

Yes, because I'm the guy that "starts something" and you're such a pacifist.

Sorry man, but you love to opine in absolutes and a lot of times when you do so, the commentary is pretty inaccurate.

You have a good day!  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray