Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:27:23 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Wallace benched during game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Wallace benched during game  (Read 9452 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: December 28, 2014, 06:17:09 pm »

For arguing with a coach.  Philbin has lost the locker room but Ross insists on bringing him back
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 06:20:14 pm »

Odrick yells at the head coach a few weeks back in the middle of the game, nothing happens. Wallace yells at an assistant and he gets benched. Makes no friggin sense. This is why Philbin is clueless and in over his head
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 06:20:42 pm »

0 catches.

Glad he turned the locker room around. Before, we sent rude text messages and quit on the coach in December. Thank God, those days are behind us. No longer will we have players suspended for steroids and drugs and fighting the police and get arrested in night clubs. We also play our best football in December now. St. Philbin has delivered us from evil.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 06:22:21 pm »

players yell at coaches all the time. If the skin is so thin that we are now going to bench those guys then this franchise has no shot. It's a passionate game and players get heated at times. Can't bench them when they come off the field yelling cause they are trying to win
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 08:37:32 pm »

After Clay's TD, Wallace walked over to Philbin ans told him he didn't want to play in the game anymore. He sat on the bench alone the rest of the game. His teammates were furious at him. No reason why has been listed yet, but he only had one target before he quit, so sounds like Diva bullshit.

He is owed $9.9 Million in salary and bonuses next season. So, I think he played his last game in Miami. Not saying the team won't feel the loss of his production, but he isn't good enough for this attitude and we aren't good enough to put up with it.
MaybeNextYear?

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 09:45:39 pm »

After Clay's TD, Wallace walked over to Philbin ans told him he didn't want to play in the game anymore. He sat on the bench alone the rest of the game. His teammates were furious at him. No reason why has been listed yet, but he only had one target before he quit, so sounds like Diva bullshit.

He is owed $9.9 Million in salary and bonuses next season. So, I think he played his last game in Miami. Not saying the team won't feel the loss of his production, but he isn't good enough for this attitude and we aren't good enough to put up with it.

What a joke. Ted Ginn and all his dropped passes don't seem that bad by comparison to this jerk. Another swing-and-a-miss by the Dolphins in their hopes of signing a franchise receiver. There's a reason why other teams were more than willing to part with the likes of Wallace and Brandon Marshall. They're not team players. And I can understand frustration with not being targeted. But grow up. And maybe get open more. That's the best way to get targeted.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 11:43:20 pm »

"Something wrong: Wallace ends season on bench. Tannehill ends season on ground. Dolphins end season with loss. Philbin ends season with job."- Jeff Darlington, NFL Network
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 08:16:45 am »

I thought there had to be more to the Wallace story and apparently there is. He is known for pitching fits and for "threatening" not to play when he doesn't get the ball. Well, Philbin had had enough and sat him after he did it. It was a meaningless game in the whole scheme of things so really ... it was the best time for an attitude adjustment. I am also willing to bet it had been discussed previously amongst management considering the amount of word coming out and how many knew about Wallace's diva issues.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 08:22:53 am »

I agree that this is something that has been brewing with Wallace for some time.  Even as a casual observer, it is pretty obvious that he puts in effort "when he feels like it" and takes a lot of plays off, doesn't finish routes, doesn't come back to the ball, etc. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 08:32:28 am »

It sounds like many players are pissed at Wallace too. WR have to be selfish to a certain extent as that's what helps them to push to be the best. The issue comes with being a diva and keeping it into perspective without being a distraction.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 08:38:26 am »

Wanting the ball is good.  Part of being an elite athlete is always wanting to be the guy who gets the chance to make the big play.  But being an asshole and a distraction and putting yourself above the success of the team is not good. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 09:33:26 am »

On the radio, they were describing this as Wallace refusing to play in the 2nd half, rather than getting benched.  I'm sure the story will come out.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 09:35:09 am »

On the radio, they were describing this as Wallace refusing to play in the 2nd half, rather than getting benched.  I'm sure the story will come out.

I have heard multiple stories so I'm not sure what is true yet either. I have heard he was fighting with an assistant and got benched, I heard he refused to go out there and play, I heard he said something to Philbin and was benched....the real story has yet to come out. And maybe never will.

MaybeNextYear?

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 02:04:59 pm »

Here's a great Mike Wallace shirt (made by a Steelers fan) that sums him up perfectly:

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:01:50 am by Brian Fein » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 02:39:22 pm »

The $60 mill number is wrong but I get the point. You can make that shirt about a lot of athletes too being crybabies . And some on the Steelers
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray