Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:14:55 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Wallace benched during game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Wallace benched during game  (Read 9456 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 06:08:20 pm »

If Wallace threatened to sit out and Philbin had enough and benched him, then that would be the first thing I ever liked about Joe Philbin.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 06:57:39 pm »

Wallace is saying he tried to go onto the field in the 3rd quarter but an assistant coach stopped him and told him no. Tannehill has said today he wants Wallace back and Wallace today said he wants to return to Miami next year. Wallace denied 2 reports he asked out of the game, says its not true.

We are never going to get the real story and I think this might be a tad overblown. Especially since the game was meaningless really and there was nothing really to talk about with this game other than this incident.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 06:59:42 pm »

By the way, Rishard Matthews wasn't active vs the Vikings and Jets for breaking team rules. He and Philbin had it out last year and had a huge sit-down before the season to clear the air and get on the same page. Well that only lasted till December then Matthews went back into the dog-house...he's done for sure
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 07:22:53 pm »

It would be one thing if this were coming out of the camp of a competent, established coaching staff.  But it is not.

Given that we have another ongoing thread about the players in open mutiny against Coyle, what makes you think that Philbin has magically mastered player relations on the other side of the ball?

Just as in the other Jets game, the players sense that the coaching staff is clueless.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 10:06:44 pm »

Wallace is making nice because he would be hard to trade and impossible to release, so he knows he will be a Dolphin in 2015. After 2015, he can be cut and it wouldn't kill Miami.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 10:10:12 pm »

Wallace makes Moss & TO seem like team 1st players in comparison

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2014, 08:13:39 am »

Wallace makes Moss & TO seem like team 1st players in comparison
Yeah ... I don't get the "if you don't make me the focal point then I'm going to take my ball and go home" mentality for an NFL player. Historically taking plays off has been the worst thing a player could do. Who'd have thought there was another level?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2014, 08:47:18 am »

The best thing about this whole Wallace fiasco is that it may have saved Hartline's job. I still think he's a solid #2 and should be retained if for no other reason to ensure that we have a backup plan in case Wallace decides he doesn't want to play in a game again.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2014, 08:52:12 am »

The best thing about this whole Wallace fiasco is that it may have saved Hartline's job. I still think he's a solid #2 and should be retained if for no other reason to ensure that we have a backup plan in case Wallace decides he doesn't want to play in a game again.

Hartline isn't a back-up to Wallace in any way shape or form. If he was they wouldn't have signed Wallace to begin with!! He isn't close to being the same type of receiver who can stretch the field.

P.S...I would be shocked if Wallace isn't on this team next year. Nobody can still get a straight story on what happened Sunday.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2014, 09:01:39 am »

Hartline isn't a back-up to Wallace in any way shape or form. If he was they wouldn't have signed Wallace to begin with!! He isn't close to being the same type of receiver who can stretch the field.

P.S...I would be shocked if Wallace isn't on this team next year. Nobody can still get a straight story on what happened Sunday.
I think you misunderstood my point. I didn't say that Hartline was Wallace' backup I said that he's a solid #2 to Wallace and gives you SOMEONE to throw to (other than Landry) if Wallace isn't in the game. You can't have a 1 WR set. It doesn't work in the NFL unless you happen to have Gronkowski too which we don't.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2014, 09:02:30 am »

It would be one thing if this were coming out of the camp of a competent, established coaching staff.  But it is not.
I remember when everyone thought Tom Coughlin was clueless and didn't have control of his team. He's won two Super Bowls since then.

Wallace seems to be toting the company line today. Hopefully this helps something next season!!
"The coach is the guy who puts us in the situation, he's the guy who makes the best decision for the team," Wallace said. "I feel like coach feels like he made the best decision. He did what he thought was right and I stand behind him."

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2014, 09:04:28 am »

I remember when everyone thought Tom Coughlin was clueless and didn't have control of his team. He's won two Super Bowls since then.

Wallace seems to be toting the company line today. Hopefully this helps something next season!!
"The coach is the guy who puts us in the situation, he's the guy who makes the best decision for the team," Wallace said. "I feel like coach feels like he made the best decision. He did what he thought was right and I stand behind him."
There ya go. Well done Wallace and well done Philbin. Much ado about nothing if you ask me.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2014, 09:04:56 am »

I think you misunderstood my point. I didn't say that Hartline was Wallace' backup I said that he's a solid #2 to Wallace and gives you SOMEONE to throw to (other than Landry) if Wallace isn't in the game. You can't have a 1 WR set. It doesn't work in the NFL unless you happen to have Gronkowski too which we don't.

If Hartline and Landry are the starting WR's next year for Miami....its gonna be a real long year. That's a 6 win season. Opposing defenses will eat that WR corp alive. They just aren't good enough and not enough speed at all
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2014, 09:06:28 am »

There ya go. Well done Wallace and well done Philbin. Much ado about nothing if you ask me.

They both need each other. Wallace wont get this money anywhere else. Philbin can't replace him without paying someone else more and possibly parting with draft picks. Sounds like heat of the moment on Sunday everyone blew up, after a day or so everyone has become more reasonable and level headed about things.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2014, 09:07:53 am »

If Hartline and Landry are the starting WR's next year for Miami....its gonna be a real long year. That's a 6 win season. Opposing defenses will eat that WR corp alive. They just aren't good enough and not enough speed at all
I agree. That's why I want Wallace, Hartline and Landry to be the starting WR's. If you think Hartline and Landry would be a real long year imagine if Wallace gets injured and you are starting Landry and who? Gibson? Season over.

I think you have the misconception that I want Wallace gone. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have actually warmed up to Wallace this year and think he's done an exceptional job adjusting to the offense. This little blowup of his was stupid and he realizes that now. We need Wallace back next year, I just think we need Hartline back as well and perhaps Wallace' little blowup gave Hartline the chance he needed to show that he can still get open. Hell maybe Wallace did it on purpose? Yeah, going too far there.  Evil
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:24:14 am by Pappy13 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray