Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:06:40 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Wild Card Weekend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Wild Card Weekend  (Read 11295 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: January 03, 2015, 02:24:18 pm »

It's playoff time baby!!! Here's my predictions for the weekend.

Carolina over Arizona

Pittsburgh over Baltimore

Indianapolis over Cincinnati

Dallas over Detroit

In all four instances, I'm going with what I perceive to be the "hot hand" as the teams I've picked to win are peaking late in the season

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 04:21:19 pm »

ARI
PIT
IND
DET
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 04:45:23 pm »

Carolina
Baltimore
Indy
Dallas

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 05:00:50 pm »

Looks like Carolina is striking early here.  With all their weapons on offense healthy and clicking and with Arizona starting it's third string QB, the odds are in the Panthers favor.  I doubt you'll see a Cardell Jones performance out of Lindley
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 05:45:39 pm »

Carolina and Arizona are both showing why it pays to have a good punter. Both teams looked like they just grabbed kids out of one of the punt, pass & kick competitions to handle their punting duties, and they didn't even get any of the good kids.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 05:51:56 pm »

Arizona has figured out Carolina suddenly
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 06:48:25 pm »

My my how the tide of this game has turned so quickly
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 07:51:13 pm »

That first game sucked and is living proof why they shouldn't expand the playoff field. 2 crappy teams
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 07:59:37 pm »

Arizona gains less than 100 yards total offense and may have set a playoff record for fewest yards gained.

That first game sucked and is living proof why they shouldn't expand the playoff field. 2 crappy teams

Don't sleep on Carolina.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 08:07:12 pm »

Arizona gains less than 100 yards total offense and may have set a playoff record for fewest yards gained.

Don't sleep on Carolina.

Carolina is awful. They have 0.0% chance of winning in GB or Seattle. They got lucky vs a 3rd string QB and the fact they play in a god awful division and were even in the playoffs with only 7 wins
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 11:12:48 pm »

Looks like Baltimore has put this one away.  I can see them giving the Patriots fits next week with that defense.

Carolina is awful. They have 0.0% chance of winning in GB or Seattle. They got lucky vs a 3rd string QB and the fact they play in a god awful division and were even in the playoffs with only 7 wins

Four of those wins came at the end of the season when they got healthy.  The offense was pretty banged up early on.  They're getting hot at just the right time
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 11:26:08 pm »

There's a massive Fahrenheit difference between being hot enough to beat the Ryan Lindley-led Cardinals and hot enough to beat the Aaron Rodgers-led Packers or the Russell Wilson-led Seahawks.

MikeO's calculation of Carolina having a 0.0% chance against either is probably giving Carolina too much credit.

~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 08:53:04 am »

My only thoughts are that even the mighty Big Ben looked pretty average with defenders in his face all day.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 10:31:46 am »

There's a massive Fahrenheit difference between being hot enough to beat the Ryan Lindley-led Cardinals and hot enough to beat the Aaron Rodgers-led Packers or the Russell Wilson-led Seahawks.

MikeO's calculation of Carolina having a 0.0% chance against either is probably giving Carolina too much credit.

I didn't say they'd win.  But they won't get blown out either.  They'll make a game of it
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 03:39:10 pm »

Adam Vinatieri is still money

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray