Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:12:30 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Green Bay does not deserve to win.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Green Bay does not deserve to win.  (Read 6947 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 10:37:03 pm »

Hard to compare it to the Calvin Johnson play as they seem to be doing on most post game shows.
I think the reason why it's being compared to the Calvin Johnson play is because both plays seem to be counter intuitive. Watching the plays it's obvious they both had control of the ball until the ground caused them to lose control. Yes I realize that's how the rule is written, but it doesn't change the fact that common sense tells you they made the play. There's something wrong with a rule that seems to defy common sense.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 10:39:10 pm »

Falling to the ground is not a football move.

It's always good when the cowgirls lose no matter the circumstances but losing this way couldn't be more perfect.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 10:46:10 pm »

Falling to the ground is not a football move.
Is reaching for the endzone with the ball in your hand a football move?

miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2015, 10:53:43 pm »

I think the reason why it's being compared to the Calvin Johnson play is because both plays seem to be counter intuitive. Watching the plays it's obvious they both had control of the ball until the ground caused them to lose control. Yes I realize that's how the rule is written, but it doesn't change the fact that common sense tells you they made the play. There's something wrong with a rule that seems to defy common sense.

Agreed.  Just seems to take away from the game.  The past two weeks have really been about the bad calls, reverse calls etc.  Today's even worse than lasts weeks.  Imagine this happening in the Super Bowl?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2015, 10:55:40 pm »

Not while you're falling to the ground, it isn't...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 10:56:25 pm »

Not while you're falling to the ground, it isn't...
Which doesn't make any sense.

miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 10:59:20 pm »

Which doesn't make any sense.

Think they'll look at that rule in the offseason.  Possession should be two feet down with control..NO?
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 11:00:50 pm »

Not sure if the NFL considers that a football move or not but Its a moot point as that's not what happened.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 11:16:56 pm »

If he had come down with the ball, taken a step and then lunged for the end zone, then sure...football move completed, first and goal Dallas.

Catching the ball, losing control of it as you hit the ground and ball touches the ground while you don't have full control...incomplete pass.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 11:22:48 pm »

Not sure if the NFL considers that a football move or not but Its a moot point as that's not what happened.
But if it did happen it sure would make an interesting topic of conversation.  Evil

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray