Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:22:27 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Fins D-line coach Rodgers to become Jets DC with Bowles
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fins D-line coach Rodgers to become Jets DC with Bowles  (Read 2090 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: January 14, 2015, 06:09:53 am »

Miami's best position coach DL coach Kacy Rodgers is going to the Jets to be their defensive coordinator. He and Bowles are long time friends. Jason LaCanfora reporting this.

That loss will hurt the Fins
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 08:12:18 am »

Does it matter that much? I thought we were just going to tank next season anyway.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 08:48:00 am »

Does it matter that much? I thought we were just going to tank next season anyway.

Rodgers has been here since 2008 and has survived the last coaching change cause he is so highly thought of. So even after the Philbin era ends, the next man in charge would have more than likely kept Rodgers on cause he is so good at his job. Many believe he is the best d-line coach in the league currently. I'm' happy he is getting a promotion he is a good guy and good coach, sucks to lose him though to a division rival.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 09:40:44 am »

I know it was a small sample size but I thought Bowles did a decent job as interim coach here and would have liked to see them give him a chance for the HC job over Philbin.

But, what do I know...?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 10:18:48 am »

I know it was a small sample size but I thought Bowles did a decent job as interim coach here and would have liked to see them give him a chance for the HC job over Philbin.

But, what do I know...?

You never know how someone will do when they become a head coach. Bowles took over in a no pressure situation in Miami those final couple games so tough to judge that. But I think he will be a solid head coach in the NFL. I am not sure NY is the right city for him. I think if he was in Atlanta or less of a pressure cooker type city he would have an easier go of it. In NY his margin for error will be smaller and he is working for a lunatic of an owner who is very knee-jerk in how he runs that team
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 07:47:59 pm »

I was hoping that we fired Coyle and replace him internally.

Guess not now. Gotta keep that 8-8 Juggernaut together.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 12:25:30 pm »

Rodgers took the Jets DC job. Fins expected to just promote assistant D-line coach Charlie Bullen
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 07:03:24 pm »

Everyone including myself calling Coyle to be fired look like its not going to happen at all this season. If and When Miami defense tanks again YES I'm calling it because looks like alot of key pieces will be gone. Finnegan , Delmas , odrick, still need quality LB's and DT's. 

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 07:37:10 pm »

Everyone including myself calling Coyle to be fired look like its not going to happen at all this season.

It as already announced he was staying
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 09:51:22 pm »

Sry been in training in the woods. So i been out of touch with football for the past 5 weeks.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray