Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:11:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Championship Weekend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Championship Weekend  (Read 12347 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: January 14, 2015, 10:56:57 pm »

I'm going with the Homers in this case.

Seattle
New England

Rodgers had an average game against an average defense because he's not at 100%.  A great defense like the Seahawks can shut him down. 

As for the AFC, I hope I'm wrong but gut instinct tells me that Luck isn't lucky enough to beat two legends in back to back weeks in the playoffs
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 11:50:39 pm »

Seattle over Green Bay by 10-13 pts
Green Bay is an excellent club, but that Seattle defense is playing at an entirely different level right now.

Indianapolis over New England by 1-3 pts
Shootout time...I'm predicting over 60 points will be scored in this one, and the winning score will happen in the final 3 minutes of the game.

Two of the top young QBs in the game, both with completely different styles, will meet in the Super Bowl.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 12:20:34 am »

Seattle over Green Bay by 10-13 pts
Green Bay is an excellent club, but that Seattle defense is playing at an entirely different level right now.

Indianapolis over New England by 1-3 pts
Shootout time...I'm predicting over 60 points will be scored in this one, and the winning score will happen in the final 3 minutes of the game.

Two of the top young QBs in the game, both with completely different styles, will meet in the Super Bowl.

I want nothing more than for you to be correct.  Unfortunately, life never consults me on this issue.  Therefore, I can only assume New England and Green Bay will meet up for the title because nothing I want to actually happen in the playoffs can actually occur.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 01:16:56 am »

As for the AFC, I hope I'm wrong but gut instinct tells me that Luck isn't lucky enough to beat two legends in back to back weeks in the playoffs
Mark Sanchez did it.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 02:02:37 pm »

I feel like the Colts beating Denver punched New England's ticket to the Super Bowl.

Denver had a chance, the Colts have NO chance.

I think Seattle vs Green Bay will be a GREAT game.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 02:14:38 pm »

I feel like the Colts beating Denver punched New England's ticket to the Super Bowl.

Denver had a chance, the Colts have NO chance.

That makes me scratch my head a little bit, as Luck is very much like a younger "coming into his own" version of Peyton Manning, rather than the older "on his way out" Peyton currently playing for the Broncos.  I think Indy will beat New England, but I think if Denver had somehow knocked off the Colts, New England would have kicked their ass this week.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 11:22:23 pm »

Would love to see the Colts and Packers go to the Super Bowl, and it would be one of the rare times I wouldn't care who'd win. As long as Seattle gets knocked out I'm good,  Marhawn Lynch is a dick.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 12:40:13 am by Thundergod » Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 10:38:28 am »

That makes me scratch my head a little bit, as Luck is very much like a younger "coming into his own" version of Peyton Manning, rather than the older "on his way out" Peyton currently playing for the Broncos.  I think Indy will beat New England, but I think if Denver had somehow knocked off the Colts, New England would have kicked their ass this week.
You clearly find more talent on the Colts' roster than I do.  I feel like Denver's run game and defense is head and shoulders better than Indy's, and I am not ready to say Luck > Peyton, yet.  But, I guess last week has already proven me wrong...  Was Indy the proverbial "blind squirrel" last week, or are they the real deal?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 11:09:38 am »

...I am not ready to say Luck > Peyton, yet.  But, I guess last week has already proven me wrong...  Was Indy the proverbial "blind squirrel" last week, or are they the real deal?

I think that, at this stage of their careers, if I need to win a game and have to choose either Luck or Manning to be my QB, I'm going with Luck.

~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 11:53:27 am »

I pick Patriots, Packers.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 06:03:27 pm »

http://deadspin.com/fox-business-delivers-stupidest-super-bowl-report-possi-1680014866

According to FOX NEWS...Super Bowl attendance hinges out the outcome of this weekends game. Ya know, not the fact its sold out and the stadium can only hold so many people. If certain teams win then the game draws more people at the stadium?! lol lol

How does a report like this get on the air
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:09:38 pm by MikeO » Logged
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 06:59:06 pm »

Seattle will expose the Packers weak D.  Win easily 42-20.

Pats too much for Colts will win going away 37-24.

Seahawks over Pats in Super Bowl!
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 10:19:01 am »

Hope not. I need someone to root against.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 01:46:27 pm »

http://deadspin.com/fox-business-delivers-stupidest-super-bowl-report-possi-1680014866

According to FOX NEWS...Super Bowl attendance hinges out the outcome of this weekends game. Ya know, not the fact its sold out and the stadium can only hold so many people. If certain teams win then the game draws more people at the stadium?! lol lol

How does a report like this get on the air

Faux news reporting something that has no basis in reality,  no longer quality as news.  The national inquirer is more reliable than Fox news

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2015, 03:51:45 pm »

Seattle's defense is gassed.  They've been on the field almost the entire first quarter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray