Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:32:50 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Fox out in Denver ... who's their new coach going to be?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fox out in Denver ... who's their new coach going to be?  (Read 2788 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: January 14, 2015, 10:14:37 am »

Interesting situation there if you ask me.  Elway says he wants Manning to return but I don't see him blowing that thing up if Manning is sticking around one more year. I just don't see how having Manning in basically a rebuilding year will help you. Of course if they go with Adam Gase or Jack Del Rio then maybe things won't change very much.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 10:24:26 am »

Manning is going to hand pick the head coach and the offensive staff if he is staying (which I am guessing he is since the entire staff just got fired).

Wouldn't be shocked to see him bring in some of his old buddies from Indy. Wouldn't be shocked to see Dungy come out of retirement for a year either if they pay him enough and talk him into it
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 10:26:29 am »

I'm surprised by this situation.  Denver was an AFC powerhouse, but they felt necessary to fire their coach?  I don't understand what was going on behind the scenes here.  Obviously neither side was pleased with the way things were going...
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 10:30:41 am »

I'm surprised by this situation.  Denver was an AFC powerhouse, but they felt necessary to fire their coach?  I don't understand what was going on behind the scenes here.  Obviously neither side was pleased with the way things were going...

Because the head coach was brain dead. Fox has a team loaded with talent but his in-game decisions were like he was coaching the Raiders or Jets a team with no talent. He wasn't aggressive, he punted at times nobody in their right mind would ever punt the ball, he was just too conservative with a team that has the talent to win it all.  With an old Peyton Manning winning 12 games and losing in your first playoff game (a home playoff game) isn't good enough. With that roster nobody cares about winning a division or 12 regular season wins....meaningless.  He was in a Super Bowl last year and this year he regressed with a BETTER team.

He had to go! They aren't going to waste Peyton's final year or two with an idiot head coach
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 10:35:42 am »

I guess I didn't see that but I didn't watch more than 3 or 4 Broncos' games this season.  To me, I thought John Fox was well respected and highly regarded and doing a decent job.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 10:39:35 am »

I guess I didn't see that but I didn't watch more than 3 or 4 Broncos' games this season.  To me, I thought John Fox was well respected and highly regarded and doing a decent job.

He is going to be hired by Chicago today or tomorrow. Solely based on the fact he is tight with with powers that be in Chicago, not on the fact he is a good head coach. He is decent at building up a franchise or team and making them decent. He is not the guy who will ever hold a Lombardi Trophy over his head on a big stage in the month of February.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 10:48:31 am »

Because the head coach was brain dead. Fox has a team loaded with talent but his in-game decisions were like he was coaching the Raiders or Jets a team with no talent. He wasn't aggressive, he punted at times nobody in their right mind would ever punt the ball, he was just too conservative with a team that has the talent to win it all.  With an old Peyton Manning winning 12 games and losing in your first playoff game (a home playoff game) isn't good enough. With that roster nobody cares about winning a division or 12 regular season wins....meaningless.  He was in a Super Bowl last year and this year he regressed with a BETTER team.

He had to go! They aren't going to waste Peyton's final year or two with an idiot head coach
But everyone already knew that from his time in Carolina so I guess Elway thought other things would compensate for it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 12:20:24 pm »

If Denver is going to blow it up they need to blow it up completely. Manning is at the point of his career where he is no longer going to be the same guy at this stage of the season. Denver's run is over. The sooner they start to look at moving on from Manning the sooner they can really rebuild. The big problem is, Manning is their draw for a new coach. They would have a harder time finding one without him in the mix.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 04:57:13 pm »

Fox going indicates to me Manning will stay 1 more year with the excuse this year instead of defense, will be John Fox, I will say Its funny how fast the local media went from literally licking Manning for his gratification, to calling him old.

And Kubiak is coming back, him and Elway go way back and he was on the SB teams from the late 90's and nobody lives in the past like sports fans.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 04:59:21 pm by DenverFinFan » Logged
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 05:12:24 pm »

Fox going indicates to me Manning will stay 1 more year with the excuse this year instead of defense, will be John Fox, I will say Its funny how fast the local media went from literally licking Manning for his gratification, to calling him old.

And Kubiak is coming back, him and Elway go way back and he was on the SB teams from the late 90's and nobody lives in the past like sports fans.

Reports are coming back that Kubiak is the lead candidate and he will accept the job if it's offered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray