Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:34:05 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  What should the NFL do about Patriots cheating?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: What should the NFL do about Patriots cheating?  (Read 75515 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2015, 04:19:56 pm »

Honestly it sounds like Warren has taken one too many shots to the head because he doesn't know what he's talking about. It's completely legal for the kickers and/or the QB's to condition the balls (break them in) prior to them being inspected. Once inspected however they can't be touched especially not by a Kicker because those balls are taken and given to an official that hands out the ball when it's time to kick it. No kicker is allowed anywhere near a football that is used in a game after they have been inspected now.
That's how it used to be prior to 1999 (Moon played a total of 3 games in 1999 and 2000, then retired).

In '99, the league switched to the K ball for kicking plays.  The K balls are brand-new, untouched footballs that go directly from sealed boxes to the official's locker room to the field.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2015, 04:32:03 pm »

Live press conference with Brady right now. He's denying everything. Didn't notice anything unusual about the balls at any point in the game. Only found out about it Monday along with everyone else.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2015, 04:47:09 pm »

Live press conference with Brady right now. He's denying everything. Didn't notice anything unusual about the balls at any point in the game. Only found out about it Monday along with everyone else.

what a lying lyer of lies
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2015, 05:03:25 pm »

"I was totally unaware that my equipment managers were modifying these footballs to my preferred state"

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2015, 05:12:38 pm »

Tom Brady just said...."This isn't Isis" trying to downplay this cheating.

Hey, so if Seattle secretly videotapes all your practices this week and next week, if they wear illegal substances on their jersey's so they are tough to tackle or block during the Super Bowl, if they break every rule in the book and end up beating NE can they use the excuse....."Hey this isn't Isis"....and just brush it off.

What a friggin moron. Brady should just shut up. The more the Patriots talk about this the worse they look. They clearly don't get it!
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2015, 05:51:36 pm »

While this may not have made any difference against the Colts as it was a blowout....I'm going to venture to say this isn't the first time they have tried this little trick. Who is to say this didn't help them in their in the much closer game against the Ravens a week earlier. This has probably been going on for some time and being as there is a history of them cheating in the past Brady and the Hoodie should both be suspended immediately. The league has been so hard nosed in laying down the law for other actions they should be consistent and do the same here. Show the rest of the league that cheating of any kind will not be tolerated. We all know they won't especially right before the big game but they definitely should. Just my $0.02!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2015, 06:30:02 pm »

My view. After the Super Bowl is over, strip New England of their all of their titles for this season, BB to get an immediate suspension of at least one year (preferably indefinite) plus a fine of at least $1M. After hearing Brady's comments denying he knew anything followed by experts/former players like Madden, Ward, Aikman & Brunell basically calling him a liar, he should get something similar. You can probably add to that the equipment manager and Josh McDaniels, maybe more as this story continues to unfold. 

I can't think what is worse, having no Superbowl/AFC/AFC East Champion, or having one that is seriously tainted and will be labelled the champions who cheated their way to success. I was hoping before this came to light the Seahawks kicked their ass, I wish it even more now.

The Tour De France eventually stripped Lance Armstrong of his seven titles, leaving them vacated as a statement against cheating. Does the NFL have the balls to do this? (pun intended) They should, but in American sports it seems there always has to be a winner.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 09:23:51 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2015, 07:51:37 pm »

I think they should contract the franchise and have a dispersal draft, along with a lifetime ban for Belichick and Brady and vacating all of their division, conference, and league championships.

It's the only way to be sure.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:54:16 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2015, 08:33:30 pm »

If those Marines had only listened to Ripley...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2015, 08:34:12 pm »

In this scenario is it bellicheat or crybrady playing the acid-blooded, penis-shaped alien bitch?

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2015, 11:29:06 am »

Interesting to hear some former players thoughts on this as well. Basically stating they do not believe Brady had no idea that the balls were altered.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12213476&ex_cid=sportscenterFB

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2015, 12:43:37 pm »

The one person who can't just claim they know nothing: Bellichek -- first of all, he knew.  But even if he didn't, he's responsible for what his staff does. 

The cover-up is worse than the offense.  He has no regard for the rules.  I have been pretty lax about the Patriots for a while, but I'm getting to the end of my rope.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2015, 12:47:09 pm »

The one person who can't just claim they know nothing: Bellichek -- first of all, he knew.  But even if he didn't, he's responsible for what his staff does. 

The cover-up is worse than the offense.  He has no regard for the rules.  I have been pretty lax about the Patriots for a while, but I'm getting to the end of my rope.

If Sean Payton got suspended for a year for the bounty thing, you can make a case Belichick is in the same boat. He might have had nothing to do with it but since he is the head man he takes the fall.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2015, 01:08:22 pm »

In this scenario is it bellicheat or crybrady playing the acid-blooded, penis-shaped alien bitch?
Actually I think this is more along the lines of A Few Good Men.

Bob Costas: Coach Belicheck, did you order the Code Red?*

Roger Goodell: You *don't* have to answer that question!

Belicheck: I'll answer the question!

[to Costas]

Belicheck: You want answers?

Costas: I think I'm entitled to.

Belicheck: *You want answers?*

Costas: *I want the truth!*

Belicheck *You can't handle the truth!*

[pauses]

Belicheck: Son, we play a game, and that game has to be guarded by men with balls. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Goodell? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the Colts, and you curse the Patriots. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the Colts losing while tragic, probably made the NFL more money. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, makes money. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in that game, you need me in that game. We use words like omaha, audible and shotgun. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of profit that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a ball, and play the game. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Costas: Did you order the Code Red?

Belicheck: I did the job I...

Costas: *Did you order the Code Red?*

Belicheck: *You're Goddamn right I did!*

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2015, 02:48:05 pm »

Actually I think this is more along the lines of A Few Good Men.

Bob Costas: Coach Belicheck, did you order the Code Red?*

Roger Goodell: You *don't* have to answer that question!

Belicheck: I'll answer the question!

[to Costas]

Belicheck: You want answers?

Costas: I think I'm entitled to.

Belicheck: *You want answers?*

Costas: *I want the truth!*

Belicheck *You can't handle the truth!*

[pauses]

Belicheck: Son, we play a game, and that game has to be guarded by men with balls. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Goodell? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the Colts, and you curse the Patriots. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the Colts losing while tragic, probably made the NFL more money. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, makes money. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in that game, you need me in that game. We use words like omaha, audible and shotgun. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of profit that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a ball, and play the game. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Costas: Did you order the Code Red?

Belicheck: I did the job I...

Costas: *Did you order the Code Red?*

Belicheck: *You're Goddamn right I did!*

*clap**clap**clap*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray