Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 03:11:42 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  What should the NFL do about Patriots cheating?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: What should the NFL do about Patriots cheating?  (Read 81122 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2015, 06:02:52 am »

I agree but using it to try to discredit their success I think is ridiculous.

They cheat. They have been officially caught TWICE now. Their legacy is forever tarnished!!

If you want to be a jock sniffer and drink the bathwater of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick and ignore the facts, go for it. That's on you! The rest of America views them as cheaters....cause they are!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2015, 09:17:49 am »

the dolphins lost a draft pick for signing Shula when he was still under contract to the colts. FWIW.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2015, 09:44:36 am »

Great news!!! It was the ball boy who took it upon himself to deflate the balls. He must have overheard Brady say he likes less air in them. Now Patriots owner Rob Kraft is requesting the NFL apologize for insinuating Bellichick or Brady could have possibly been involved and defaming the beloved Patriots organization!!

I can't believe I just wrote that and it isn't in the slightest bit satirical. I have completely lost all respect for Kraft. Apparently he is too old to be speaking to the public or he has such inflated balls himself that he doesn't mind letting Goodell know who pays his salary in public!!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2015, 10:07:06 am »

the dolphins lost a draft pick for signing Shula when he was still under contract to the colts. FWIW.

40 years ago and it didn't effect the integrity of the game on the field. Very different. Bad comparison
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2015, 10:09:30 am »

Great news!!! It was the ball boy who took it upon himself to deflate the balls. He must have overheard Brady say he likes less air in them. Now Patriots owner Rob Kraft is requesting the NFL apologize for insinuating Bellichick or Brady could have possibly been involved and defaming the beloved Patriots organization!!

I can't believe I just wrote that and it isn't in the slightest bit satirical. I have completely lost all respect for Kraft. Apparently he is too old to be speaking to the public or he has such inflated balls himself that he doesn't mind letting Goodell know who pays his salary in public!!

Unreal. Kraft should have just kept quiet because throwing himself into this mess isn't helping his image any. In fact it will ruin it real quick. I guess the lowly ball boy was bored and decided to reduce the air in the 11 balls to the exact same specification because ya know, it helps him ....oh wait, it doesn't. Nevermind  Roll Eyes
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2015, 10:32:03 am »

HAHAHA  ... I just read this and Sal basically confirms what I said ...

As Sal Paolantonio of ESPN reported in the aftermath of Kraft’s remarks, “As one source close to the Patriots told me, this was Robert Kraft reminding Roger Goodell who he works for.”

I stand corrected. Kraft is a piece of crap too.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2015, 11:41:42 am »

The Dolphins had to give a draft pick as compensation to the Colts, in the same sense that the Jets had to give compensation picks to the Patriots when they hired Parcells and the Patriots had to give a compensation pick to the Jets when they hired Belichick.

In contrast, the 49ers/Steelers/Patriots/Saints had picks simply wiped out as punishment, not compensation.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2015, 12:32:41 pm »

Now the question becomes: How big of a check did Kraft write to the ball boy?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2015, 12:35:44 pm »

Now the question becomes: How big of a check did Kraft write to the ball boy?

HA, true they are probably searching high and low to find someone to take the fall. The ball boy can take the fall for this in their eyes, but nobody with a brain is buying it. Why would the ball boy reduce the air in 11 balls to the same specification? To help him? To make his day easier? The ball boy had to be given orders from someone.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2015, 12:39:06 pm »

Of course it makes his job easier. He can lug the deflated ones easier as it has been confirmed the balls are easier to grip. I completely believe it all now. Goodell should apologize, in public, and then buy Kraft a nice dinner somewhere so they can kiss and make up.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2015, 03:07:03 pm »

I knew this was coming, but I still think the NFL has to act, citing organizational control, at the very least.  This is the Patriots 3rd bullshit.  They had spygate + the taping of the Super Bowl practice vs the Rams + deflategate.  ...and that's not even mentioning the snow-low incident where another worker just happened to break the rules on their own accord.

I drink your milkshake!
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2015, 03:29:14 pm »

Apparently, the Patriots attended who brought the balls to the field did take them "to another area" and was alone with the balls used by both the Patriots and the Colts... for 90 seconds. Do you think you can deflate 11 balls in 90 seconds by two pounds(ish) each?

Methinks not.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/01/26/nfl-deflategate-investigation-is-reportedly-focusing-on-patriots-locker-room-attendant/
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2015, 03:52:50 pm »

Apparently, the Patriots attended who brought the balls to the field did take them "to another area" and was alone with the balls used by both the Patriots and the Colts... for 90 seconds. Do you think you can deflate 11 balls in 90 seconds by two pounds(ish) each?

Methinks not.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/01/26/nfl-deflategate-investigation-is-reportedly-focusing-on-patriots-locker-room-attendant/

Probably since its not the first time he has done it....yes. I think 90 seconds is more than enough time. Especially since there was a newscast last night that said each ball takes less than 2 seconds to deflate.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2015, 04:04:00 pm »

Methinks not.

All you have to do is stick in a needle that's not attached to a pump and air will come out.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2015, 04:14:43 pm »

Haven't seen Hoodie in a week ... I'm guessing he is a little embarrassed of the fiasco. I know a Boston guy who said it's getting harder and harder to be a fan after the latest rant from Kraft. I don't see most of their fans caring but certainly some are bothered by this whole debacle.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray