Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:31:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  What should the NFL do about Patriots cheating?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: What should the NFL do about Patriots cheating?  (Read 75540 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2015, 05:07:46 pm »

^ I would've totally thought what you said is bullshit, but I've noticed it myself on forums -- Patriots fans coming out and saying that it's harder and harder to defend their cheating and embarrassment. 

I know I felt that way a bit during bullygate.  We handled that poorly and it affected my fandom.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2015, 05:14:34 pm »

^ I would've totally thought what you said is bullshit, but I've noticed it myself on forums -- Patriots fans coming out and saying that it's harder and harder to defend their cheating and embarrassment. 

I know I felt that way a bit during bullygate.  We handled that poorly and it affected my fandom.

Bullygate doesn't tarnish wins or a legacy. That was just more embarrassment.  What NE is doing is almost erasing all of their own accomplishments. Nobody outside of Pats fans believes this 15 year run or so is legit anymore. Everyone views them as cheaters and nothing will change that. They could win 60-7 on Sunday and everyone will view them as the team that cheated for all those years and they only won because of cheating.

The old saying.....Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.....fits with the Pats. Maybe people could overlook the spygate thing and say who really knows muddy up that debate enough where you find it irrelevant, but now this on top, nope. The pattern of cheating doesn't end. Throw in he complaints about head-sets going out on opposing teams who play in Gillette Stadium and such and this team cheats. The legacy has been forever tarnished
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2015, 05:33:34 pm »

"Let's see... how do we make this look like we didn't do anything...?  Hmm, what's that, over there?   Let's get Jimmy the ball boy to admit to it, sign a non-disclosure agreement, and I'll write him a check for a hundred grand under the table and we'll make this all go away.  Ball boys are a dime a dozen, so I'll fire Jimmy the ball boy for being an embarrassment to the organization and we will come off squeaky-clean. In fact, I'll even demand an apology for the audacity of insinuating our fine organization. 

Sounds like a great plan to me!"

~ Robert Kraft
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2015, 06:00:51 pm »

Apparently, the Patriots attended who brought the balls to the field did take them "to another area" and was alone with the balls used by both the Patriots and the Colts... for 90 seconds. Do you think you can deflate 11 balls in 90 seconds by two pounds(ish) each?

Methinks not.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/01/26/nfl-deflategate-investigation-is-reportedly-focusing-on-patriots-locker-room-attendant/
If you have a couple guys do it no problem. 1 guy would be a bit quick, but if he's been doing this all year? Yeah it could be done.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:13:47 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2015, 06:03:44 pm »

Haven't seen Hoodie in a week ... I'm guessing he is a little embarrassed of the fiasco. I know a Boston guy who said it's getting harder and harder to be a fan after the latest rant from Kraft. I don't see most of their fans caring but certainly some are bothered by this whole debacle.
I think hoodie is doing the smart thing and staying clear of this. Nothing good can come of him commenting on this. I appreciate him staying out of it. He's probably wishing he could comment but knows better. Hoodie is a class act all the way around and I applaud him not saying anything. Once this all blows over a bit and we find out what's going to happen he'll probably comment.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2015, 06:07:05 pm »

I've been working today so I haven't had a chance to really read any of this, but I'd be shocked if they actually came out and said that the ball boy did it. That's admitting that someone let the air out of the balls. Their stance up to now has been that NE did nothing wrong. Are they backing off that stance now? After what Brady and Belicheck said? And knowing that ignorance is not an excuse? Might as well have said that Brady himself did it. There's not much difference in my eyes.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2015, 06:16:29 pm »

I think hoodie is doing the smart thing and staying clear of this. Nothing good can come of him commenting on this. I appreciate him staying out of it. He's probably wishing he could comment but knows better. Hoodie is a class act all the way around and I applaud him not saying anything. Once this all blows over a bit and we find out what's going to happen he'll probably comment.
I'm not knocking Hoodie at all as I like him as well. It's just an observation.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2015, 06:32:36 am »

More stats that this has been going on for years. How a deflated ball is easier to hold and less likely to fumble.

Benjarvis Green Ellis 500+ touches with the Pats...NO FUMBLES. He goes to Cincy the next 500 touches....6 FUMBLES!

Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2015, 08:12:07 am »

More stats that this has been going on for years. How a deflated ball is easier to hold and less likely to fumble.

Benjarvis Green Ellis 500+ touches with the Pats...NO FUMBLES. He goes to Cincy the next 500 touches....6 FUMBLES!

Stephen Ridley fumbles a lot.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2015, 08:13:48 am »

Stephen Ridley fumbles a lot.

Some players just suck and no amount of cheating will help that. And no cheating is "full proof" either....but that stat about BGE does tell alot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2015, 10:48:18 am »

It's official: I don't like the Patriots, after kinda being OK with them for a long time.

Kraft is an asshole.  He wants an apology.  Fuck that guy.  #1 - You're cheating now.   #2 - Even if you aren't cheating, you have a long history of cheating, so pardon me if there's a ton of smoke and we have the gall to suggest fire.  #3 - It's the NFL's job to investigate things like this.  And there's certainly enough evidence to investigate.  It's like the cops apologizing to you for questioning you when they find a dead hooker in your trunk.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2015, 10:55:09 am »

agreed 100% .. Kraft is an asshole
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2015, 11:00:23 am »

And there's certainly enough evidence to investigate.  It's like the cops apologizing to you for questioning you when they find a dead hooker in your trunk.

Great Analogy.   Roll Eyes  But, I agree Kraft is an A$$ for asking for an apology.

I am sick of all this deflate-gate talk, it is way overblown at this point.  The more you hear about the subject, the more boring it becomes.  Yes, the Pats broke the rules, so do the investigation, fine them, take away a draft pick and move on.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2015, 11:35:44 am »

es, the Pats broke the rules, so do the investigation, fine them, take away a draft pick and move on.

I think multiple draft picks will be taken and I think multiple suspension will come out of this. I would be stunned if its a simple...lose 1 draft pick punishment. And fining them is worthless. You can't punish these billionaires and millionaires with money. That isn't a real punishment because the message you send is cheat and you can buy your way out of it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2015, 12:32:17 pm »

My suspicion...

Belichick is actually clean, as is Kraft.  I think Brady is the orchestrator.

I suspect the Super Bowl game balls will be under strict supervision from the officials.  To see if my theory is true, we would see Brady play a miserable game, overthrowing receivers all night, and maybe 2-3 picks in the Super Bowl.  If that happens, then its a clear indicator that the cheating actually DID make a difference.  We shall see...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray