Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2024, 08:42:47 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  What should the NFL do about Patriots cheating?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: What should the NFL do about Patriots cheating?  (Read 81550 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2015, 04:51:21 pm »

I got a cop to apologize to a guy for arresting him once.

I got a cop to apologize to me (and my mother) for accusing me of shoplifting once.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2015, 07:36:05 pm »

So a reporter had the idea to test and see whether he could deflate 12 balls in 90 seconds.

He did it in 40.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/deflategate-update-soften-12-balls-40-seconds-article-1.2094280

Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2015, 09:03:54 am »

So a reporter had the idea to test and see whether he could deflate 12 balls in 90 seconds.

He did it in 40.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/deflategate-update-soften-12-balls-40-seconds-article-1.2094280

Yep, it's not that hard.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2015, 10:30:38 am »

I'm not a religious watcher of The Daily Show, but this was pretty damn funny...

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/gudld8/psi--new-england---pounds-per-square-inch---silly-finings-playbook
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2015, 08:58:55 am »

Say it isn't so Joe ... lol. Joe Montana, who haooens to be Brady's idol, calls him out.

“If I ever want a ball a certain way, I don’t do it myself. So, somebody did it for him,” said Montana. “But I don’t know why everybody is making a big deal out of trying to figure out who did it. It’s pretty simple. If it was done, it was done for a reason. There is only one guy that does it. Nobody else cares what the ball feels like.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2015, 09:25:31 am »

It doesn't matter at this point. After Goodell's state of the league press conference on Friday and his comments it seems like this is gonna get brushed under the rug and no punishment will be passed out. Kraft's temper tantrum worked
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2015, 05:40:00 pm »

and it will just continue.  the rule book is a farse as long as the league is profitable (and the Patriots keep winning games).
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2015, 07:51:43 pm »

It doesn't matter at this point. After Goodell's state of the league press conference on Friday and his comments it seems like this is gonna get brushed under the rug and no punishment will be passed out. Kraft's temper tantrum worked

I have little respect for Goodell who is without doubt the worst NFL Commissioner I have seen, and will have even less if the NFL takes no action on this. Then again, it is now sounding like there were murmurs about this going on during the season, and yet the NFL/referees managed to turn a blind eye to it until the AFC Championship game. Angry

I am surprised he doesn't have 31 other team owners in his ear telling him to do something about it, and threatening him with the sack if he doesn't. 11 out of 12 balls deflated to exactly the same pressure, the film footage they have, it's pretty much a cut and dried case, especially when so many experts/former players have basically come out and said so. If the NFL does nothing it condones blatant cheating at the highest level with no responsibility, or ridiculous bias towards one particular team - either way, it stinks.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 08:41:33 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2015, 08:21:57 pm »

I think hoodie is doing the smart thing and staying clear of this. Nothing good can come of him commenting on this. I appreciate him staying out of it. He's probably wishing he could comment but knows better. Hoodie is a class act all the way around and I applaud him not saying anything. Once this all blows over a bit and we find out what's going to happen he'll probably comment.

Yes, Hoodie has shown consistently here he is a great guy and part of me feels really sorry for fans like him having to go through this, especially on the eve of what could be the crowning of a great season.

I was really torn up when my AFL team the Adelaide Crows got exposed and punished for cheating a few years ago, the punishment of draft sanctions have really hurt the club but we deserved it. There was a long period of denial from within the club and many fans, but eventually the gravity of what was done sank in and finally some of the cluster fucks behind the whole mess payed the price for their incompetence. It had to happen to be able to move on, or else the open wound would have continued to fester and grow, virtually everyone acknowledges that now, even the loudest deniers.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2015, 09:39:46 pm »

"Let's see... how do we make this look like we didn't do anything...?  Hmm, what's that, over there?   Let's get Jimmy the ball boy to admit to it, sign a non-disclosure agreement, and I'll write him a check for a hundred grand under the table and we'll make this all go away.  Ball boys are a dime a dozen, so I'll fire Jimmy the ball boy for being an embarrassment to the organization and we will come off squeaky-clean. In fact, I'll even demand an apology for the audacity of insinuating our fine organization. 

Sounds like a great plan to me!"

~ Robert Kraft

The NFL should find a way around this (if they really want to).

Take the person set to take the fall aside, tell them they are likely to be facing an investigation by the FBI for game fixing with a potential lengthy jail sentence, a lifetime ban from being present at any NFL game (not just as a team employee, that includes any work like as a janitor, or even just attending as a fan), and be publicly named, shamed and ridiculed for the rest of their life.

See how they like them apples - how many million $$$ from Kraft would make it worthwhile to wear those punishments?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2015, 10:46:37 pm »

Punishment should be....Belichick gets a 1 year suspension (just like Sean Payton got) and Brady gets 4 games and to open the year 3 of those 4 games should be a game vs the Jets, Bills, and Fins. Make them play a division game without Brady.

NFL will sweep it under the rug and will make it go away though. But the punishment is pretty obvious to me.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2015, 11:06:21 pm »

Punishment should be....Belichick gets a 1 year suspension (just like Sean Payton got) and Brady gets 4 games and to open the year 3 of those 4 games should be a game vs the Jets, Bills, and Fins. Make them play a division game without Brady.

NFL will sweep it under the rug and will make it go away though. But the punishment is pretty obvious to me.

Sour grapes?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2015, 12:35:39 am »

Sour grapes?
Would you thought it sour grapes if it were say Green Bay? Not really sure why you are defending NE so vehemently. No one is suggesting taking the SB away from NE, they deserve the Championship for the way they played this year AND they deserve to be severely punished for cheating. It is possible to be extremely talented and extremely lacking in ethics at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 12:40:14 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2015, 12:46:37 am »

It just sounds like it to me.

I don't know all the facts of the case, so I can't judge, but let's not turn this into the crime of the century

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2015, 06:03:03 am »

It just sounds like it to me.

I don't know all the facts of the case, so I can't judge, but let's not turn this into the crime of the century

You have a low football IQ and proved it all year and continue to prove it now. It's not a crime of the century but its breaking the rules. When you break the rules you get punished. Whether NE won or lost tonight has nothing to do with it, they cheated and should be punished
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray