Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:55:00 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Josh Gordon fails 4th drug test
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Josh Gordon fails 4th drug test  (Read 5172 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: January 25, 2015, 04:09:39 pm »

Just saw it on the ESPN ticker.  He is now suspended for for a year.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 04:20:00 pm »

Might as well be for the rest of his career.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 06:48:12 pm »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12226738/josh-gordon-cleveland-browns-facing-one-year-suspension-failing-another-drug-test

"Gordon tested positive for alcohol, a source said, confirming a report by Pro Football Talk."

...what?

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 07:43:15 pm »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12226738/josh-gordon-cleveland-browns-facing-one-year-suspension-failing-another-drug-test

"Gordon tested positive for alcohol, a source said, confirming a report by Pro Football Talk."

...what?

When you fail so many drug tests I think alcohol becomes a "banned substance" at some point
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 09:27:01 am »

Very common for players to be told by the NFL that they cannot drink. Gordon has had drunk driving issues and substance abuse issues.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 09:58:28 pm »

I really find it difficult that the NFL would place a NO drink order on him.  I cant speak for all but many indulge in alcohol.  Even if your not the type to consume 4-6 drinks per day, I myself drink very rarely. I may have have 1-3 drinks in a month.  But to tell a man you can even have a sip of wine to me is crazy..  There has to be some type of leeway here.

If i recall, people on probation are not suppose to consume alcohol but that is the probationary system. Josh Gordon getting policed by the NFL to me is ridiculous. Please somebody shed some light on this for me Huh

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 12:50:22 am »

I thought it was pretty common knowledge.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:56:57 am by Phishfan » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 01:39:21 am »

The bottom line is this... Josh Gordon KNEW that he wasn't allowed to drink alcohol. He knew he'd be tested, and he knew that if he got caught, he'd get suspended. He had to know that, if he got suspended, his NFL career could come to an abrupt end.

...but he still went out and had a drink.

So, I can only conclude that the guy is a complete moron, or he didn't really care that much about playing in the NFL.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 12:49:57 pm »

So there is at least one WR in the league who is a bigger douchebag than Wallace.   Grin
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 01:31:57 pm »

I've seen some people making the case that he might not have known he was breaking a rule. I call BS. I've seen the word probation used in this thread and that is a pretty good comparison. Gibson was on probation with the NFL. Anyone on probation knows what the rules are that they have to follow. They get broken either because you don't care, as has been suggested, or because you have addiction issues.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 02:32:17 pm »

So there is at least one WR in the league who is a bigger douchebag than Wallace.   Grin

What Wallace did was literally nothing compared to what many NFL players do these days. Not even on the radar
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 02:32:55 pm »

I've seen some people making the case that he might not have known he was breaking a rule. I call BS. I've seen the word probation used in this thread and that is a pretty good comparison. Gibson was on probation with the NFL. Anyone on probation knows what the rules are that they have to follow. They get broken either because you don't care, as has been suggested, or because you have addiction issues.

When you fail 3 tests nobody should have sympathy for when you fail your 4th. "Not Knowing" isn't a valid excuse at that point. I agree
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 02:37:55 pm »

What Wallace did was literally nothing compared to what many NFL players do these days. Not even on the radar

I know, hence the  Grin at the end of my comment to show that I was making it with tongue in cheek.  But I was referring to Wallace in general and not just his stunt in the last game. 
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 03:52:00 pm »

I know, hence the  Grin at the end of my comment to show that I was making it with tongue in cheek.  But I was referring to Wallace in general and not just his stunt in the last game. 

Aside from last game he hasn't done anything since being in the NFL to be considered a douchebag
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray