Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:14:57 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Johnny Football
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Johnny Football  (Read 14984 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2015, 02:33:29 am »

I would think it would be more difficult because of having to learn blocking techniques as well as the receiver aspect.
I doubt TEs are expected to spend as much time on precise route running and timing routes as WRs.  Plus, TEs are generally not expected to be able to juke DBs and get open downfield.

I don't think it is racial at all.  Typically the best athlete on the team plays qb and pitcher even if that wouldn't be his most natural position.  So guys who are a natural rb, te or wr windup playing qb even though they would be even better somewhere else, bc along with being the teams best wr they are also the team's best qb
That's not the point.

Brad Smith, Antwaan Randle-El, and Josh Cribbs went from QB to WR without a problem.  So why can't Saint Timothy go from QB to TE?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:37:25 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2015, 07:41:46 pm »

Johnny Football retired the "MONEY SIGN" he does after big plays today. Said he won't do it anymore.

I give it till the 3rd quarter of the 1st preseason game before he breaks it out
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2015, 01:08:44 am »

The fact that he felt like he had to announce that he won't be making a weird hand signal any more leads me to believe that he still doesn't quite get it...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2015, 08:13:20 am »

The fact that he felt like he had to announce that he won't be making a weird hand signal any more leads me to believe that he still doesn't quite get it...

Exactly.  He is a first rate attention huer. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2015, 09:57:07 am »

I doubt he will be starting come opening day. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2015, 11:26:10 am »

I doubt he will be starting come opening day. 

He has a fight to even make the team. I wouldn't be shocked if he was one of the last cuts before Week 1.

He isn't very good, is a distraction, and the coaches don't like him
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2015, 11:51:53 am »

I'd bet this was a response to an idiot reporter's question.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2015, 05:38:15 pm »

And after seemingly turning the corner and starting to show some signs that he can play in this league, Johnny Manziel screws it all up again.  Out partying with a bottle of liquor in his hand.  Caught on video.  Browns have demoted him to third string now.  What an idiot.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2015, 06:21:54 pm »

Manziel demoted to 3rd string the rest of the year. His NFL career will probably be over after this season
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2015, 09:25:00 pm »

Manziel demoted to 3rd string the rest of the year. His NFL career will probably be over after this season
Broncos are trying out Ponder this week. If hes still getting tryouts, Manzel will too. He'll be done in Cleveland, but someone will give him a shot. 
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2015, 09:46:00 pm »

Broncos are trying out Ponder this week. If hes still getting tryouts, Manzel will too. He'll be done in Cleveland, but someone will give him a shot. 

Ponder isn't an undersized player who is a drunk who shows a total lack of maturity, Manziel is
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2015, 12:26:53 am »

Ponder isn't an undersized player who is a drunk who shows a total lack of maturity, Manziel is
You're right, Ponder is not those things.  He's something worse: a bad player.

You can be a domestic abuser or a child beater or a rapist or a dog killer or an accomplice to murder... as long as you are a good player.  Ponder is not a good player, but Manziel might be.  So Manziel will get another chance.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2015, 09:13:06 am »

Jerry Jones will sign him and immediately tell the media that "Johnny is a leader on this football team."
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2015, 09:22:32 am »

You can be a domestic abuser or a child beater or a rapist or a dog killer or an accomplice to murder... as long as you are a good player.  Ponder is not a good player, but Manziel might be.  So Manziel will get another chance.

I can save everyone some time, he isn't a good player.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2015, 09:06:52 pm »

Where has Manziel shown he "might" be a good player in the NFL? He isn't. He is on par with Ponder or maybe worse, he is on that level with Ponder.  Manziel has Doug Flutie's height and size without Doug Flutie's talent.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray