Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:08:22 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Hard Knocks--Houston it appears is the team
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Hard Knocks--Houston it appears is the team  (Read 4767 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 11:40:35 am »

Why yes, yes he was. Top marks for you, laddie! Gold star on your forehead and the honor of riding in the front seat on the short bus, where you can filibuster the bus driver on how comparable Deion's situation twenty five-ish years ago is with J.J. Watt's situation today, and the overwhelming popularity that they both share with the Random Grocery Snatch demographic.
Deion Sanders played every game in the 2005 season, which is not quite 25 years ago.

Ray Lewis was also a defensive player.
So was Jason Taylor.
So was Troy Polamalu.

Instead of whining about filibusters after a 6-word post, why don't you just try admitting that you were wrong?  Or, failing that, why don't you just remain silent?

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 12:58:50 pm »

Deion Sanders played every game in the 2005 season, which is not quite 25 years ago.

Ray Lewis was also a defensive player.
So was Jason Taylor.
So was Troy Polamalu.

Instead of whining about filibusters after a 6-word post, why don't you just try admitting that you were wrong?  Or, failing that, why don't you just remain silent?

Instead of twisting things around to represent a position that wasn't even in question before you decided you were a few hours short of your weekly "argue with others" requirement, why don't you just realize that no random women in grocery stores knew who Jason Taylor was before he left the league and became a contestant on Dancing with the Stars. Likewise, the same Grocery wenches had no idea who Polamalu was until the very end of his career, when he started doing shampoo commercials, and they certainly didn't know Ray Lewis until he became a murder suspect on CNN.

My point, now as it was then, is that being on Hard Knocks will do absolutely nothing for J.J. Watt's popularity among random women who aren't already diehard football fans. The reason for that is that nobody other than diehard football fans gives a rat's ass about Hard Knocks.

Now, why don't you go outside and convince the grass that it's actually purple, rather than green...that should get you up to your quota

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 01:34:40 pm »

Now, why don't you go outside and convince the grass that it's actually purple, rather than green...that should get you up to your quota

How about blue?  Boise State, beets, Battlestar Galactica.

Argue at me bro!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2015, 01:42:32 pm »

Sunstroke, perhaps if you spent less time writing novels accusing others of filibusters, your posts would come off as less hypocritical.

J.J. Watt isn't on Dancing With The Stars.
He's not in Head and Shoulders commercials.
He's also not making music videos.

None of these things have anything to do with being a defensive player, which was the claim I objected to ("no defensive player will ever be a mega star").  It simply has to do with him not being as well-known as other players.

You were wrong, and everyone in the thread is telling you that you are wrong.  For once, try just owning up to it, instead of complaining about completely irrelevant nonsense.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:49:52 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 02:10:04 pm »

Thanks for taking the time to post, Spidey...always appreciate your opinion.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 12:02:56 pm »

Does it matter if people outside of the NFL know who anyone on the Houston Squad is?  Just a guess, but I'm thinking the target demo for "Hard Knocks" is not the 34-55 house wife one.  It's the established NFL fan.  Maybe I've completely missed the point.

I am starting to feel like this thread is beginning to serve it's purpose, unless we can get it off "is JJ Watt a superstar"...thing.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray