Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:05:04 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins trying to trade Mike Wallace
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins trying to trade Mike Wallace  (Read 5665 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: February 25, 2015, 08:16:54 pm »

Just saw a report that the Dolphins are shopping Mike Wallace after his antics in the final game of the season.  WTF??
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 08:20:25 am »

Sigh. I hope this isn't true.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 09:18:51 am »

I have been rather upset by Wallace's antics. What is it about the receiver position that turns these guys into divas? I see the trade options as rather limited though so I hope we don't just give him away if one happens.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 10:47:14 am »

We heard this report last year, not sure if this one has any legs either. Seems like same time every year a report comes out that Miami is shopping Wake, Wallace, Jordan...etc. Feels like groundhog day

Plus no team will trade for him and take on that contract, especially if they know Miami is shopping him and could just cut him. Why trade for the contract? Nothing about this makes sense.  Also why trade for him when you have a DEEP free agency class of WR's and a DEEP draft class of WR's. Why give up anything for Wallace when you can get someone to fill that void for less money and not have to part with a draft pick. And on Miami's side, sure Wallace is gone and you clear some cap space, but you get what a 6th or 7th round pick for him? Then why trade him at that point? He wasn't that much of a headache last year.

P.S...this has NOTHING to do with his antics from the final game of the year and it has everything to do with $$$$.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 10:49:34 am »

I kinda get it.  Even when I used to play football just with friends for fun, it got tiresome just running routes and never getting the ball.  I could imagine that, doing that, while getting hit on every play, and not being allowed to contribute could turn the right attitude into a total problem.  These guys have been the team superstar at every level of their life, and are just used to getting involved in the game.  Not getting the ball while the offense struggles leads to frustration.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 11:49:34 am »

I kinda get it.  Even when I used to play football just with friends for fun, it got tiresome just running routes and never getting the ball.  I could imagine that, doing that, while getting hit on every play, and not being allowed to contribute could turn the right attitude into a total problem.  These guys have been the team superstar at every level of their life, and are just used to getting involved in the game.  Not getting the ball while the offense struggles leads to frustration.

This has NOTHING to do with that final game. To me its a non-issue. Wasn't like he had a blow-up in Sep or Oct middle of the year. It was the 2nd quarter of the final game of the year where Miami was ELIMINATED because of the score in other games going on at that time. The season was over. Not to mention we never got the real story what happened on that sideline during that game. We have multiple versions but nothing official. Compare that to Dez Bryant, Ray Rice, AP....what Wallace did you laugh off in this league and move on as every team has guys who do stuff like this, it just goes un-reported. What Oddrick did the week before was FAR FAR worse! Yelling at your head coach in the middle of a game on the sideline in front of the world.

This is all about money. Irleand gave Wallace that deal and he is now gone. If Wallace re-structured Miami wouldn't be looking to trade him. And maybe Miami leaked this report to get Wallace to restructure since they know Wallace has family not far from Miami and he wants to stay there. And scare Wallace....cause if Miami trades him to some middle of nowhere city on the west coast or back up north where he hates the cold and snow and move him far away from his family he will be pissed.  So it could be them negotiating through the media. But to me no team in their right mind would trade for him and that contract. Makes no sense. The only team that would consider it is Seattle as he is the perfect fit for their offense and they need a WR badly....but they have a great GM who still probably wouldn't make that trade or make it a trade worth while for the Fins.

To me if you cut Wallace at $9.9 mill in 2015...and you have to eat some of that money, and then go pay a Randall Cop $9 or $10 mill per year....are we better? Did we prove some great point by getting rid of Wallace? To me its NO and you made your cap situation worse! Maybe Tannenbaum and Hickey got some master plan here...I just don't see it. If the plan is to cut Wallace and DRAFT a rookie, good luck with that. Rookie WR who will be a #1 WR ....rolling the dice and could make the offense a lot worse.

But this stuff with Wallace is all about $$$$. Nothing else. If they cut him over $$$$, I am fine with that but they better have a plan B in place. Because this isn't like Brandon Marshall situation. Miami won't get a couple second round picks in return. Miami would just be giving him away or cutting him and they would have the cap space to replace him. And if the plan is to trade him to open up  a few mill and carry a lot in dead cap space, then go pay someone else $9 mill per year....which means you replaced Wallace and GREW the cap number of your #1 WR position in the process.  That's how you build losers in this league and get into cap hell real damn quick!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:56:17 am by MikeO » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 04:33:25 pm »

Miami Herald reporting Hickey wants to keep Mike Wallace. Philbin wants Wallace gone.

This is gonna end well. Back to the days of the GM and head coach not being on the same page!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 05:33:25 pm »

Surprised Hickey and Philbin don't get along more, they have so much in common. They both work for the Dolphins, they both want to win and they both won't have jobs in January.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 09:03:03 am »

Hickey knows what he is doing.  Philbin is clueless.  This latest report reemphasizes the obvious.

If we're lucky, Philbin will move to Australia to smoke weed for a year.  The team would make a dramatic improvement in his absence.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 09:12:25 am »

Hickey knows what he is doing.  Philbin is clueless.  This latest report reemphasizes the obvious.

Just have to wonder if Tannenbaum is pulling the strings with Hickey. Tannenbaum is the real GM of this team, let's not ignore the obvious, he is the ONLY one with job security beyond this year.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 09:27:19 am »

Yeah, that is what I was getting at. I like Hickey so far, pretty surprising since he was our 7th choice for GM. But, Tannenbaum is in charge and he wants his people. Anything short of 11 wins and Hickey is gone too, whether it's his fault or not.

He built an 11 win team this year and Philbin had different ideas.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 06:55:54 pm »

If we're lucky, Philbin will move to Australia to smoke weed for a year.  The team would make a dramatic improvement in his absence.

Maybe he could bring Ricky back with him...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 10:24:59 am »

Wallace telling reporters today he is open to restructure of his deal if it helps the team
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:29:32 am by MikeO » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 11:04:24 am »

^ That's good.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 11:14:35 am »

Very good news and a reversal in his stance from what I previously saw.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray