Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:34:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Suh and the Dolphins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Suh and the Dolphins  (Read 24386 times)
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 09:05:26 am »

I'm starting to get the feeling Suh is just another in a long line of people using Miami for bidding purposes. We'll see.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 09:43:15 am »

I'm starting to get the feeling Suh is just another in a long line of people using Miami for bidding purposes. We'll see.

You may be right. That or Tannenbaum/Ross are just going to blow the bank on him and cripple this team for years to come.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 03:11:27 pm »

Colts beat reporter reporting he has been informed by a Colts source that the Colts won't break the bank for Suh. So don't expect it to happen. Pretty much taking them out of the race

suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 08:26:20 pm »

Please God no, I can't stand this fucker.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 10:06:35 am »

Please God no, I can't stand this fucker.

This.   Plus, paying premium money in the free agent market to the point where it puts you in a bind regarding the cap in the future rarely ends up working out well.  The Fins got screwed enough with Wallace.  They don't need to go throwing gazillions at Suh. 
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 10:24:26 am »

This.   Plus, paying premium money in the free agent market to the point where it puts you in a bind regarding the cap in the future rarely ends up working out well.  The Fins got screwed enough with Wallace.  They don't need to go throwing gazillions at Suh. 

Bad comparison. Suh is a HALL OF FAME level player in his prime. Wallace is just an above average/very good WR who hit the market. Those guys are available every year. Guys like Suh who are hall of fame level players in their prime almost never come available.

I have no problem paying for Suh if they do other things right (like not pay Clay $7 mill this year and work out a long-term deal with him) and cut a bunch of other scrubs eating up cap space.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 10:30:26 am »

Bad comparison. Suh is a HALL OF FAME level player in his prime. Wallace is just an above average/very good WR who hit the market. Those guys are available every year. Guys like Suh who are hall of fame level players in their prime almost never come available.

I have no problem paying for Suh if they do other things right (like not pay Clay $7 mill this year and work out a long-term deal with him) and cut a bunch of other scrubs eating up cap space.

I wasn't comparing them as players.  I was comparing the practice of throwing tons of money at individual players when your salary cap is not perfet shape.  Suh is a tremendous talent.  However, he is also a tremendous douchebag.  I can overlook the fact that he is the dirtiest player in the league.  You need a certain amount of nasty on your team.  But he is so stupid that he does it blatantly and costs his team over and over again with 15 yard penalties at the worst times. 
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 10:37:24 am »

I get the concern with the cap and people keep chirping about spending big bucks on free agents. But the Dolphins had drafted Suh, we'd still need to pay big bucks to keep him. I don't think the argument that he is a free agent is relevant. We'd essentially be paying Suh big bucks instead of paying Odrick big bucks, not as big as Suh, but Odrick is not as good.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 11:08:32 am »

Suh, Vernon and Wake?  Yes please!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2015, 12:00:09 pm »

I get the concern with the cap and people keep chirping about spending big bucks on free agents. But the Dolphins had drafted Suh, we'd still need to pay big bucks to keep him. I don't think the argument that he is a free agent is relevant. We'd essentially be paying Suh big bucks instead of paying Odrick big bucks, not as big as Suh, but Odrick is not as good.

That is an excellent point. If we had drafted Suh we would be paying him this same money now as we are paying him as a FA. And nobody would be thinking twice about it
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 12:05:47 pm »

I thought we were going for the Disney image? Suh shares Incognito's bad image and they share the title of being voted the  "NFL’s dirtiest player" by their peers.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 12:27:03 pm »

I thought we were going for the Disney image? Suh shares Incognito's bad image and they share the title of being voted the  "NFL’s dirtiest player" by their peers.

Screw that. Ross just paid $400 mill out of his own pocket to re-do the stadium. He needs it filled every week so he can make back some money! LOL. Big names and winning fills that stadium

The organization looks like hypocrites but so be it
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 12:50:16 pm »

That's a valid point. 
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 01:10:50 pm »

That is an excellent point. If we had drafted Suh we would be paying him this same money now as we are paying him as a FA. And nobody would be thinking twice about it

Yeah, but the Lions aren't willing to pay him what he wants, that should tell you something.  Suh's asking price would be $18 - $20 million against the cap for three years, and with his history he has game suspensions coming the next time he gets caught.  I'd love to have a player of his caliber; but not at that price with his history, too much risk.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2015, 01:15:51 pm »

Yeah, but the Lions aren't willing to pay him what he wants, that should tell you something. 

They have salary cap issues Miami doesn't have. And they franchised tagged him hoping to buy themselves time to fix those issues and they couldn't.  And he still may go back there if the Lions make a touch choice and get rid of a couple good players.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray