Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 10:17:20 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  New Avengers Trailer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: New Avengers Trailer  (Read 8258 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 23028

Do you know what I am saying?


Email
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 08:30:26 pm »


I am going to go see this in the theater tomorrow...and then immediately watch the most recent Agents of SHIELD that I've held off on, because it references things that happen in the movie.

Really looking forward to it!

Logged

"No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food!"
~Long Duk Dong
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15955



« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2015, 09:29:00 am »

^^^ If you have a Jones, it really doesn't affect things if you watch AoS. There is really only a passing mention of the Avengers & Ultron, it isn't like it was tied in enough that you need to skip it.
Logged
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 994


I'm not going to type anything here....


« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 06:43:06 pm »

I think I liked this movie less than everyone else.  I find it so packed with stuff that it's exhausting to even discuss.  I still enjoyed the movie, but felt the action was weightless and fake and the characters and storylines didn't have any room to breathe.  Motivations of several Avengers and villains are unclear or under-developed.

Right now you've seen it I can agree with your POV Dave, you've captured my thoughts exactly, I found it hard to follow, I'm not really sure what I found difficult about it but it was just akward to me.

I enjoyed it don't get me wrong, and I didn't want to give an honest opinion in case it affected your enjoyment of it but now you've seen it, I think I enjoyed the first film more..maybe even GOTG more.
Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 16738


Bay Area Niner-Hater


« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 07:21:54 pm »

There's a LOT of comic book fanservice in AoU.  Even I was surprised by it.
Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 23028

Do you know what I am saying?


Email
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 11:04:39 pm »


I enjoyed this Avengers just fine, but can't put it in the same class as the original Avengers, GotG...or even the first Captain America. Still, it definitely gave me my much-needed Marvel fix, and I loved the lead-up to the Infinity Wars.

Logged

"No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food!"
~Long Duk Dong
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15955



« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 08:07:53 pm »

After watching so many episodes of The Blacklist, I'd get a good laugh if Ultron delivered all of his lines with his mechanical head tilted heavily off to one side.

If you watch The Blacklist, you know what I'm talking about. Grin



So I went to see the movie on Saturday and I couldn't help but notice and smirk about this.

I thought it was a fine movie but I didn't find it special. I wasn't disappointed but it just didn't leave me hyped waiting for another installment.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:10:39 pm by Phishfan » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 23028

Do you know what I am saying?


Email
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 10:45:21 pm »

So I went to see the movie on Saturday and I couldn't help but notice and smirk about this.

When Ultron came out at the party for the first time, and his head was tilted heavily to the left when he started talking, I have to admit that I laughed out loud in the theater.

Logged

"No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food!"
~Long Duk Dong
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray


Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines