Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:25:25 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Jeff Ireland - ring of dishonor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Jeff Ireland - ring of dishonor  (Read 11824 times)
Run Ricky Run
« on: March 14, 2015, 08:59:26 am »

Its time to update the Ring of Dishonor.  Jeff Ireland is the perfect candidate.  None of his moves worked out and he was a complete asshole.  Lets move this process along.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 09:31:11 am »

Hold up on that, he may have influenced New Orleans to just make that awful Ellerbe trade. In which case, he has now done more good for us than his entire GM tenure.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 01:43:59 pm »

I don't think he was bad enough to make "The Ring", especially since there are so many others in line ahead of him.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 05:34:55 pm »

I don't think we will ever have another ROD inductee

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 08:20:03 pm »

Why has the ROD not been Updated.... 

I been waiting to see Cam CaMORON  and Dave Wannadouche names up on there for yrs now. 

Honorable mention

AJ feely
David Boston
Cecil Collins
Lawrence Phillips
Cleo Lemon
John Beck

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 09:04:42 pm »

^^^ I believe there is a blue ribbon panel that will examine the nominations that have been submitted; however that panel must first handle the matter of Pete Rose's application to be let back into baseball (the first one, not the newly revised one), so once they rule on that matter they will take up the ROD nominations.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 10:21:30 pm »

The panel has been assembled.   The ribbon has been problematic, we first someone who will remain nameless showed up with a yellow ribbon instead of blue so the first meeting was scrapped.   Wegot half way thrubthe second meeting when we realized we had a cobalt ribbon instead of a true blue ribbon.  Once we get the ribbon problem solved we should be good to go

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 09:43:03 pm »

I would have thought Ireland would be a surefire ROD inductee. Huh

The guy was a complete cluster fuck hated by everyone. When was the last time there was a protest group outside Dolphins headquarers on TV demanding a sacking? When was the previous time someone was so pissed off they hired a plane to fly over the stadium game day with a banner begging Ross to "save our Dolphins, fire Ireland"?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 11:00:02 pm »

Give Philbin a few more months and those questions may have different answers.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 03:35:41 pm »

Its time to update the Ring of Dishonor.  Jeff Ireland is the perfect candidate.  None of his moves worked out and he was a complete asshole.  Lets move this process along.

Well, a couple moves Ireland made worked out (Pouncey, Tannehill, Jones, Clay..etc) but if Jeff Ireland isn't a first ballot ROD candidate than nobody is and disband the entire Ring of Dishonor.

It's like someone voting against Mariano Rivera when he is up for the MLB Hall Of Fame. Sure fire 100% lock!
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 04:41:25 pm »

Well, a couple moves Ireland made worked out (Pouncey, Tannehill, Jones, Clay..etc) but if Jeff Ireland isn't a first ballot ROD candidate than nobody is and disband the entire Ring of Dishonor.

It's like someone voting against Mariano Rivera when he is up for the MLB Hall Of Fame. Sure fire 100% lock!

Ireland should not go up before Cam Cam.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 04:50:38 pm »

Ireland was by no means a good GM, but I don't think he was the worst either.  Maybe slightly below average?
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 08:38:58 pm »

Bingo!
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 01:14:01 am »

I still have a grudge with Cam CAMORON....

He not only coach the Fins to the worst season in franchise History, But took a punt returner as the 1st round pick. His game management was awful.  HE DESERVES THE ROD UP HIS ARSE

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 09:05:14 am »

No argument from me, but they should both be there for the immense disservice and pain they have inflicted on the Dolphins.

Ireland has screwed up in so many ways over the years - yes he managed to somehow stick to (some) of the blatantly obvious first round picks that actually were the best available and addressed a key need, glory to be, he actually managed to get one or two of those right. He even managed to find the occasional later round gem like Jones, woweee...

The number of his specialty high round busts/reaches and brilliant big contract signings of Marshall, Ellerbee, Wheeler, and Wallace grossly outweigh that, perpetually leaving our list dangerously shallow in depth - sure teams lose players all the time, but look at the sheer number of his high end draft picks and signings that are gone, a team simply cannot progress with that kind of turnover. Not to mention they guy was a first class turd, who can forget his subtle interviewing style and backstabbing his so called good friend coach to save his own fat ass, it's no wonder he was just about hated by everyone. I say good riddance, the guy can't get into the Ring of Dishonor soon enough.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray