Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:50:53 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Crabtree in Miami Today
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Crabtree in Miami Today  (Read 5028 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: March 18, 2015, 01:24:48 pm »

WR Michael Crabtree is in Miami visiting with the Fins per reports. He was down to SD and Washington, word is the Fins got in late and talked him into making another visit.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 01:36:26 pm »

It would make up for the loss of Clay and not pigeon hole us into a 1st round receiver.

Although if Parker is sitting there at 14, not sure how we could pass up.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 02:14:48 pm »

It would make up for the loss of Clay and not pigeon hole us into a 1st round receiver.

Although if Parker is sitting there at 14, not sure how we could pass up.

Totally agree. Doesn't force Miami into WR in Rd 1 and if Parker falls, great select him and add him to the group of weapons for Tannehill.

If Parker isn't there at 14 the Fins can then go CB, Safety, or O-line in Rd 1. OR trade back and stock pile picks. Fins can't be desperate for a WR at #14, so adding a Crabtree helps in that regard
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 02:22:20 pm »

I'm not interested in a sorry, mediocre receiver like Crabtree.  Jennings doesn't have any of the psychological baggage.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 02:27:35 pm »

If Miami does end up signing Crabdiva, I sincerely hope he plays harder for the Dolphins than he did his  final season for the 49ers. I hope it's a 1-year deal though...something that might inspire him to play harder for his next paycheck.

I'm not interested in a sorry, mediocre receiver like Crabtree.  Jennings doesn't have any of the psychological baggage.

From a physical talent perspective, I'd put Crabdiva well ahead of Jennings. I don't know enough about Jennings' psychological state to compare their "baggage."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 02:41:06 pm »

From a physical talent perspective, I'd put Crabdiva well ahead of Jennings.

There is no comparison.  Why is everyone so high on washed up Greg Jennings?  He's not going to magically resurrect his 2010-2011 numbers by switching to Miami's offense.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 02:56:59 pm »

Maybe, but Jennings is 7 years older. And before his achilles injury, Crabtree was very good. There is more hope, based on age, that Crabtree can regain some of his old form.

I also think he is a better fit for Tannehill from a skillset standpoint.

It also all depends on the $$. The Dolphins should protect themselves after year 1 if they sign him.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 04:25:45 pm »

You guys should take anything that Spidey says about Crabtree with a 10 lb grain of salt. The next good thing he says about anyone with any ties to the 49ers will be the first time.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 04:27:09 pm »

There is no comparison.  Why is everyone so high on washed up Greg Jennings?  He's not going to magically resurrect his 2010-2011 numbers by switching to Miami's offense.

Surely you know what is coming next.

2014 Jennings: 92 targets, 59rec, 743yds, 6TDs
2014 Crabtree: 108 targets, 68rec, 698yds, 4TDs

Looking at earlier years doesn't exactly help the case, either.  Crabtree had one good year (2012) and the rest were between, well, sorry and mediocre.  Save that one season, Crabtree's entire career is like Jennings' years in MIN.

edit: Sunstroke, I've always thought Patrick Willis was a good player, and I even compared him to Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Peterson.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 04:33:12 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 04:43:51 pm »

Surely you know what is coming next.

2014 Jennings: 92 targets, 59rec, 743yds, 6TDs
2014 Crabtree: 108 targets, 68rec, 698yds, 4TDs

Looking at earlier years doesn't exactly help the case, either.  Crabtree had one good year (2012) and the rest were between, well, sorry and mediocre.  Save that one season, Crabtree's entire career is like Jennings' years in MIN.

Or course I knew that was coming...

The difference, to me, is that Crabtree still has potential to improve, while Jennings has seen his best days, and is one or two seasons away from retirement.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 04:45:17 pm »

Given his age and ability to fully recover from that injury due to his age, I think the higher upside is definitely with Crabtree.

And, I consider him an upgrade over Hartline. Bigger, stronger and he actually gets more than 1 touchdown per season.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 05:12:09 pm »

I would take either, but if I had a choice give me Crabtree. He also is coming from an offense that was run first, second, screw it run all the time in SF. So, some of his numbers are down just do to the style of offense ran in SF last year. I would rather have Crabtree hoping he bounces back from his injury as the ceiling is higher.

But I would take he or Jennings honestly
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 06:47:13 pm »

I agree with MikeO.  Either one will help but Crabtree is younger.  If he regains the form he had in 2012, watch out.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 11:22:27 pm »

I guess Crabtree flew into Miami tonight and his visit is on Thursday. Sounds similar to what Jordan Cameron did last week. Wouldn't shock me to see Crabtree locked up late in the day or early tomorrow night
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 07:19:20 am »

FWIW, Kaepernick is kind of a crappy throwing QB, so it's possible he will improve under Tannehill. He just needs to be a 3rd option anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray