Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:19:33 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Big Weirdo Cut
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Big Weirdo Cut  (Read 5684 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: March 26, 2015, 04:51:46 pm »

The Niners got rid of Jonathan Martin
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 04:55:28 pm »

Let's sign him and put him up against Suh everyday in practice. See how that works out...
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 07:14:46 pm »

I wonder if he threw down his lunch tray on the way out of the facility and threw a temper tantrum like a 3 year old.  He can spend all the time he wants crying to his mommy now...
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 08:08:04 pm »

The moment Harbaugh was let go...excuse me, mutually parted ways with the 49ers... Martin's days were numbered.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 08:20:10 pm »

The secondary story is actually that he sucks and has always sucked, it's not just his childish demeanor.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 08:27:58 pm »

I believe the pick we got in return to him is now Minnesota's as part of the Wallace trade
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 10:51:55 pm »

The moment Harbaugh was let go...excuse me, mutually parted ways with the 49ers... Martin's days were numbered.

You think the Colts might pick him up?

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 01:03:44 am »

You think the Colts might pick him up?

Is Indy in need of an offensive tackle who can't block for shit?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 10:45:48 pm »

Martin didn't stay unemployed long...Panthers picked him up today.

~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 11:20:21 pm »

I wonder if he will make the opening day roster.

If what everybody is saying about his performance is true (didn't watch any 49ers games last year), I wonder why the Panthers did this.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 03:15:37 pm »

Is Indy in need of an offensive tackle who can't block for shit?

Only reason I thought of Indy is because Andrew Luck would know his blocking tendencies.

I wonder if he will make the opening day roster.

If what everybody is saying about his performance is true (didn't watch any 49ers games last year), I wonder why the Panthers did this.

He's a long shot to make that roster.  I'm guessing a training camp body who just might be able to improve enough to serve as a backup.

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 10:34:55 am »

He's a long shot to make that roster.  I'm guessing a training camp body who just might be able to improve enough to serve as a backup.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Martin somehow had some talent at college but needed to be babied to make it through the NFL - working under Harbaugh again just maybe gave him a little time and an outside chance, and that's pretty much snuffed out (that is if there ever really was a chance, which is very doubtful).

Hindsight is a wonderful thing: there was absolutely no way he was going to succeed in the NFL with his mindset, especially in a parasitic environment like Miami with psychos like Incognito running the asylum. It's easy to blame Ireland for such a monumental failure, but then a lot of scouts/experts had Martin pegged as a solid choice and likely to succeed - in the end he was simply the wrong guy in the wrong place, what he subsequently did only made things worse for himself. It's a sad story in a way, but shit happens, and it tends to happen a bit in professional sports.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 02:28:01 pm »

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Martin somehow had some talent at college but needed to be babied to make it through the NFL - working under Harbaugh again just maybe gave him a little time and an outside chance, and that's pretty much snuffed out (that is if there ever really was a chance, which is very doubtful).

Hindsight is a wonderful thing: there was absolutely no way he was going to succeed in the NFL with his mindset, especially in a parasitic environment like Miami with psychos like Incognito running the asylum. It's easy to blame Ireland for such a monumental failure, but then a lot of scouts/experts had Martin pegged as a solid choice and likely to succeed - in the end he was simply the wrong guy in the wrong place, what he subsequently did only made things worse for himself. It's a sad story in a way, but shit happens, and it tends to happen a bit in professional sports.

His mind is so messed up right now I don't think he'll have any success.   And I don't think any locker room would welcome him because he snitched out people. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 03:32:16 pm »

His mind is so messed up right now I don't think he'll have any success.   And I don't think any locker room would welcome him because he snitched out people. 
It's not that he snitched, it's that he didn't seek help and then quit on his team. Very immature guy. This is not a sport for the immature and claims a lot of guys.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 09:10:01 pm »

It's not that he snitched, it's that he didn't seek help and then quit on his team. Very immature guy. This is not a sport for the immature and claims a lot of guys.

Which is why I would've thought Indy was the best fit for him.  I'm sure Andrew Luck has command of that locker room now and he would be willing to mentor Martin on how to gain that maturity and handle yourself in this league.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray