Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:38:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  TDMMC March Madness: ORANGE - Round of 64 - Group 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Pick 2
Patrick Surtain   -19 (47.5%)
Bob Baumhower   -5 (12.5%)
Nat Moore   -10 (25%)
Jay Fiedler   -6 (15%)
Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: TDMMC March Madness: ORANGE - Round of 64 - Group 3  (Read 1194 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: March 28, 2015, 11:29:14 am »

Pick 2 to continue to the round of 32.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 09:07:38 pm »

I voted for Surtain and Fiedler.

When it comes to Miami DBs, the days of Madison/Surtain/Marion were my favorite.  It's not very often that you have 2 Pro Bowlers and an All-Pro in your secondary.
Fiedler doesn't get as much respect as he deserves.  The performance of nearly every QB to follow him (to say nothing of Ray freaking Lucas) should prove that.

DenverFinFan
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 02:57:49 am »

I voted for Surtain and Fiedler.

When it comes to Miami DBs, the days of Madison/Surtain/Marion were my favorite.  It's not very often that you have 2 Pro Bowlers and an All-Pro in your secondary.
Fiedler doesn't get as much respect as he deserves.  The performance of nearly every QB to follow him (to say nothing of Ray freaking Lucas) should prove that.

Same, Surtain was a beast, and well Jay wasn't very talented he had a lot of heart and ears that always made me smile.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 09:53:27 am »

Surtain and Nat Moore for me.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 12:23:54 am »

I have been pretty vocal on these forums about Jay Fiedler.  And been roasted every time.

Dan Marino is not an easy act to follow. 

I feel like Jay Fiedler was very underrated.  He was, as Spider Dan said, the most talented QB we have had on this roster between Marino and Tannehill.  Disagree if you want, but don't make a judgment until you go watch game footage from 2001 or 2002. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 09:44:34 am »

I voted Moore over Fiedler. I agree with Jay being the most talented QB (as long as we disclaimer Pennington's "one" year as not counting) but this is a popularity contest. Watching footage has nothing to do with a player's talent. Jay was constantly being bashed by fans and the media alike. He maximised his talents but his popularity is much like that of past Presidents. Their popularity tends to rise as time passes.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray