Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:48:48 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Jury is deliberating in the Aaron Hernandez trial
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Jury is deliberating in the Aaron Hernandez trial  (Read 30214 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: April 07, 2015, 04:07:44 pm »

Hopefully they'll put this piece of shit away for good
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 04:24:51 pm »

But his lawyer said he just witnessed the shooting, he didn't do it, the other guys did.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 04:34:12 pm »

But his lawyer said he just witnessed the shooting, he didn't do it, the other guys did.

Yes, he described him as a young kid who didn't know what to do. C'mon...
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 04:47:43 pm »

I did not follow this as closely as I did some other high profile court cases. What I did read didn't seem to be enough to sway me from voting guilty.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 06:00:52 pm »

I heard on the radio that the defense didn't call a lot of witnesses, which often means that you under-defend because you don't think the prosecution has adequately proved the case.  ...and defending just adds credence to it.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 06:10:17 pm »

That whole reasonable doubt thing can easily get stretched so you never know.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 06:45:33 pm »

Here's the interesting question... If Hernandez is found innocent of all charges, is there any chance he gets back in the NFL?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 08:34:14 pm »

Here's the interesting question... If Hernandez is found innocent of all charges, is there any chance he gets back in the NFL?

No. Ray Rice can't find work no way in hell Hernandez would
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 08:54:55 pm »

Ray Rice did something bad that he was caught for/confessed to.  And it was on video-tape.  If Hernandez is cleared of all charges, I bet you that he'll eventually show up in the NFL again.  Even though it seems everyone pretty much knows he did it, if he is found not guilty in the eyes of the law, it'd be pretty screwed up to deny him employment.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 09:04:13 pm »

Ray Rice did something bad that he was caught for/confessed to.  And it was on video-tape.  If Hernandez is cleared of all charges, I bet you that he'll eventually show up in the NFL again.  Even though it seems everyone pretty much knows he did it, if he is found not guilty in the eyes of the law, it'd be pretty screwed up to deny him employment.

No chance in hell any team would sign him. The backlash they would get and the media circus it would create would be unbearable. Just because Herandez were to "get off" and not go to jail, in the minds of many he still did it and is guilty. Plus his off the field antics alone, even if he is found not guilty of murder, is not one of someone you want on your team or in your locker-room.

And he wouldn't be denied employment, he just wouldn't be able to work in the NFL. I'm sure there is a job out there for him. It's not a "right" to play in the NFL
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 09:47:08 pm »

I bet you could've said the same thing about Mike Vick, and he was actually convicted.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 10:29:30 pm »

I bet you could've said the same thing about Mike Vick, and he was actually convicted.

I was just about to bring up the Vick situation, when I saw that you beat me to it. I would have bet cash money that Vick would never again play in the NFL, but he somehow gained forgiveness from most of the football fans out there. Not sure it parallels Hernandez' case, but it would be interesting to see how it all plays out, should he be exonerated.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 12:33:43 am »

Rice is a RB on the wrong end of his career arc.  Hernandez can still contribute.

If, say, Matt Stafford were facing Hernandez' changes, a Not Guilty verdict would definitely mean he would be back in the league; QBs are too valuable to stand on principle.  But a TE is a different story.  Hernandez was not equal to Gronk or Graham, so I'm not sure if his talent would outweigh the negative PR.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 06:07:40 am »

Mike Vick hurt dogs. Hernandez shot and killed another human being and more than just once and has ties to violent Gangs.  It's a bad comparison
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 09:34:26 am »

Mike Vick hurt dogs. Hernandez shot and killed another human being and more than just once and has ties to violent Gangs.  It's a bad comparison

Ray Lewis?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray