Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:21:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Pouncey getting extension with Fins, opens up cap space
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Pouncey getting extension with Fins, opens up cap space  (Read 3761 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 11:15:10 am »

easy to do when he draws double-teams consistently.  There was no one in the middle of our D-line to be afraid of last season.  Do you think opponents will be able to commit 2 linemen to Cam Wake on every play this year?

Let's see how guys perform before deciding to jettison.  If Wake piles up 20 sacks this season, its going to be hard to dismiss that guy.

1) He wasn't drawing double teams that much last year. That's the thing.  He had 11.5 sacks which is nice (only 8.5 the year before though) and there were games where he did nothing and was totally invisible and shut down by marginal tackles
2) His cap number next year is $9.8 mill. If he continues to get shut down this year and beaten one-on-one and gets around 10 or so sacks with Vernon coming up due for a pay day and the BIG Suh cap-hit next year there is no doubt Cam takes a pay cut or is gone.

3) if you think Wake will get 20 sacks in a year and challenge the NFL all time record then you really are looking through rose colored glasses! It's not happening
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 12:04:28 pm »

I agree that a 20 sack year is most likely overly optimistic.  But I wouldn't be surprised to see that the addition of Suh acts to rejuvenate Wake a little bit and put some pep in his step at least for one year.  I'm predicting him to have a bounce back year in terms of consistency and put up at least as good of numbers as last year if not slightly better.  You are right that he was pretty inconsistent last year.  At his age, if the Fins can get just one more good year out of him, I will be happy with that.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 07:24:43 pm »

I don't know if it would rejuvenate Wake as much as free him and Vernon up to make more plays. It's impossible to get worse playing next to Suh.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 12:08:24 am »

If the Suh contract won't destroy the cap that's a good thing, but what does worry me is

1) Suh
2) Pouncey
3) Tannehill
4) The first round draft pick this year

That's four players with some pretty hefty contracts.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 02:11:49 am »

If the Suh contract won't destroy the cap that's a good thing, but what does worry me is

1) Suh
2) Pouncey
3) Tannehill
4) The first round draft pick this year

That's four players with some pretty hefty contracts.

The NFL's current rookie pay scale makes me want to break out a little Sesame Street in response to your list:

"One of these things is not like the others.
One of these things just doesn't belong.
Can you tell which thing is not like the others,
by the time I finish my song?"

1) Suh  - 6 years, $114 million ($19 million/year)
2) Pouncey - 5 years, $52.15 million ($10.43 million/year)
3) Tannehill - "estimated" 6 years, $115 million ($19+ million/year)
4) 2015 1st round pick (#15), under rookie scale, with Miami having 6 picks, estimated $4.5-$5 million/year)

With Miami's current contracts, the #15 pick, by average annual salary, will only be the 9th-10th highest paid Dolphin. Rookies no longer get the gargantuanormous contracts they used to...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray