Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:08:09 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Game of Thrones
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 7781 times)
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 10:00:07 am »

^^^ Bran Stark, technically the "real" first in line for the Lord of Winterfell position. I am surprised he wasn't involved in teh opener, as his meeting The Children and the three-eyed raven dude under the tree was a pretty intriguing storyline at the end of last season.

Bran's story was advanced greatly in season 4. What you saw in season 4 was what happened towards the end of book 5. So I am not sure we will see much of Bran this season.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 10:02:04 am »

I saw an article a little bit ago that said that the directors are not following the book anymore, not even a little. It said that those who read the books are going to be in the dark just like those people who have never read the books.

They are still following the books, obviously.

That they deviate like any other movie or show does from the original books is to be expected. But the storylines still tie to the storylines in the books. Tyrion is indeed across the Narrow Sea. Dyanerys is indeed facing a rebellion in Mereen. Her dragons are out of control. Tywin dies, etc etc.

Not sure what that article was talking about.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 05:40:58 pm »

Jon Snow is supposed to be fire and ice himself (Targaryen and Stark), and one of the common theories is that he will be the one to stop Daenerys and her dragons.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 10:05:05 pm »

Daenerys isn't the one that needs stopping .. it's the white walkers .. ice and fire is dragons vs. zombies
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 10:45:51 pm »

Daenerys isn't the one that needs stopping .. it's the white walkers...

Thank you...folks just aren't worrying enough about those damned white walkers.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 04:11:51 am »

I think the dragons pose a greater threat to more people than the white walkers, who really only pose a threat to those north of the Wall.  Remember, Aegon Targaryen conquered Westeros with three of them.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 04:14:57 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 08:01:08 am »

Thank you...folks just aren't worrying enough about those damned white walkers.

Maybe because everyone keeps forgetting since winter has been coming for what, 4 seasons? I keep wondering when in the world will they show back up.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 08:17:35 am »

Jon Snow is supposed to be fire and ice himself (Targaryen and Stark), and one of the common theories is that he will be the one to stop Daenerys and her dragons.

Another common theory is that he "ice" and Daenerys "fire" will be the ones to rule Westeros, that Jon Snow is the son of Raegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark and since it is common amongst the Targaaryens to boink their siblings, this would be perfectly normal.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2015, 04:42:59 pm »

Another common theory is that he "ice" and Daenerys "fire" will be the ones to rule Westeros, that Jon Snow is the son of Raegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark and since it is common amongst the Targaaryens to boink their siblings, this would be perfectly normal.
Hey ... that's what I said! Smiley

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2019, 04:30:18 pm »

This was about season 5. I was looking for GOT threads but this is all I could find. Kind of funny to read back on our predictions. This season has been disappointing to say the least but it has been a great series.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2019, 05:01:57 pm »

This was about season 5. I was looking for GOT threads but this is all I could find. Kind of funny to read back on our predictions. This season has been disappointing to say the least but it has been a great series.

I find it weird that everyone thinks that it's disappointing.  The show DEFINITELY has changed, but it wasn't this season.  It's been like this going back several seasons now. 

The pace of getting characters from A to B has increased, but the same kind of "saved at the last second" peril has been around for some time, where the first few seasons didn't do that.

I think that there's something weird in fandom where people think that what you like or want has anything to do with the creation of art.  Stories don't go the way you want, nor should they.  ...as long as the internal logic is consistent, I'm pretty OK with it.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2019, 06:30:41 pm »

Game of thrones has been shit since it veered away from the source material.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2019, 09:16:53 am »

I find it weird that everyone thinks that it's disappointing.  The show DEFINITELY has changed, but it wasn't this season.  It's been like this going back several seasons now.  

The pace of getting characters from A to B has increased, but the same kind of "saved at the last second" peril has been around for some time, where the first few seasons didn't do that.

I think that there's something weird in fandom where people think that what you like or want has anything to do with the creation of art.  Stories don't go the way you want, nor should they.  ...as long as the internal logic is consistent, I'm pretty OK with it.
I don't necessarily disagree but thought with 2 years they would wrap it up nicely and yet ... they left so many questions still open (what's up with Tyrion and the dragons) why didn't Grey Worm go to war over Dany since he had "flipped" as well, the fan favorite got royally screwed and sent to Siberia, and the one guy who contributed absolutely nothing outside of revealing Jon Snow's real lineage was looked upon to lead them into the future? Where did that faith in him come from? Shouldn't they have showed Bran giving sage advice at least once during the series? Literally he was the most boring person in the whole series and that information didn't even amount to anything.

Congrats to Bran!

I guess the most disappointing thing is that, outside of Sansa, all of the character arcs went right out the window making the last 8 seasons irrelevant.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2019, 09:00:19 pm »

I liked GoTs fake ending, but the real ending will be when the books are finished. Hopefully he doesn't die first.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2019, 11:04:16 am »

^ Isn't the HBO ending based on GRR's notes?

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray