Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:41:38 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  The ethics of the Philadelphia 76ers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: The ethics of the Philadelphia 76ers  (Read 10434 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2015, 04:06:38 pm »

He traded JR Smith and Iman Shumpert to Cleveland, valuable pieces mind you, for a 2019 2nd Rounder and 3 guys they either waived or are now done with the team. That's pretty damn bad. 2019 means the kid is in 9th grade. Combine that with his irrational Twitter rants about how 3 point shooting is overrated and not that valuable in today's game and he seems like a man out of touch with 2015 NBA.

Maybe he turns it around. I pray to God he does, but this year has been a gigantic 0 for 1. He has a lot of catching up to do in free agency.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2015, 07:25:47 pm »

i'm ok with New York Misery .. i hope every single professional team from New York (and New Jersey) lose every single game they ever play ever.

Good job getting on that Phil Jackson
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2015, 11:12:46 am »

2) the NBA is played on the wings now, the days of needing a center are long over.

This is kind of like having a chicken and the egg argument. Are the days of needing a center over, possibly but I don't think so. I think there is just a glaring hole in the NBA where a dominant big man is not available in most instances. Let's have another dominant big come into the game (and when I say dominant they need to be of the Shaq, Ewing, Duncan caliber so it isn't going to be easy) and see how their team performs.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2015, 11:55:37 am »

You can win with a roster built around a dominant center...and you can win with a roster NOT built around a dominant center. If you can get a Duncan-esque center, you'd be an idiot not to. If you can't, you build off a talented PG or wings.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2015, 08:15:52 pm »

You can definitely get by with a tall guy in the middle with little skill as most teams have that, but if you have a very good center, then you have the advantage over 90% of the league. Who wouldn't want that?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2015, 12:00:09 am »

The Sacramento Kings have one of the best centers in the NBA, and they're garbage.  They definitely don't have an "advantage over 90% of the league."
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 12:05:26 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2015, 06:47:35 pm »

No, I'd say they still have an advantage, they are just terrible everywhere else. If you have a positive player where other teams have a neutral or negative player, then you have an advantage. They are just negative everywhere else.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2015, 02:28:56 am »

Well, every team with a top 3 player at their position has an advantage at that position.

I just don't agree that center is as important as you say.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2015, 11:57:52 am »

He traded JR Smith and Iman Shumpert to Cleveland, valuable pieces mind you, for a 2019 2nd Rounder and 3 guys they either waived or are now done with the team. That's pretty damn bad. 2019 means the kid is in 9th grade. Combine that with his irrational Twitter rants about how 3 point shooting is overrated and not that valuable in today's game and he seems like a man out of touch with 2015 NBA.

Maybe he turns it around. I pray to God he does, but this year has been a gigantic 0 for 1. He has a lot of catching up to do in free agency.

And what did those guys do last night?   Nada.  Smith was held scoreless the ENTIRE SECOND HALF. 

I can see what Jackson's mentality is.  It's the same as the Marlins.  If we aren't winning with expensive players, get rid of them and lose with cheap players
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2015, 01:07:08 pm »

I can see what Jackson's mentality is.  It's the same as the Marlins.  If we aren't winning with expensive players, get rid of them and lose with cheap players
Not Jackson's mentality is at all. It's to clear cap space. Get rid of mediocre players who are overpaid to open cap space to bring in better players at a better price
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray