Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:06:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Fins sign Greg Jennings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Fins sign Greg Jennings  (Read 5099 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 10:46:08 am »

I would not be upset with Gordon.  I think he is one of those Adrian Peterson type RBs that come along once every 5-10 years.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 10:56:16 am »

We need Offensive linemen!!! Everything else really doesn't matter if Tanehill is continuing to fight for his life ... or even worse.

I'm with ya there. I would have no problem trading down once or twice and stockpile picks in the middle rounds. Take O-line in Rd 1 then go on WR's and Linebackers in Rounds 2 and 3 and beyond in whichever order.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 03:32:47 pm »

Little last minute draft buzz from the Miami Herald..

Pittsburgh potential 1st-rounder OT/OG TJ Clemmings, partaking in USA Today diary, tells them Dolphins are flying to Jersey to work him out.

The fact they are flying to him and aren't flying him down to Miami is interesting at this late stage in the game.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 05:59:47 pm »

I like the Jennings pick up for that price. I think he will post better numbers with Tanny than he did in Minny with those world beaters he had throwing him the ball!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 09:30:59 pm »

Another team ahead of the 49ers in round one filling a WR need in free agency...nice!  Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 05:39:17 am »

Another team ahead of the 49ers in round one filling a WR need in free agency...nice!  Grin

True. Although Jason LaCanfora is reporting that Miami is the one team that is gonna blow up the 1st round and make a big time move to get one of the first few picks. He is pretty much all but saying they are gonna make a blockbuster trade to move up and draft Kevin White.  Now LaCanfora has been dead wrong with everything Miami he has reported the past 3 years......but one of these times he is bound to get something right. For your sake you better hope next week ain't the day, lol
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 06:28:29 am »

Jennings contract numbers came out....its essentially a 1 year deal

Jennings will have a ~$2.5M cap figure this year and ~$5.5M in 2016. It's essentially a one-year deal.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 08:55:15 am »

Don't read too much into it. WR is still a priority in the draft.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 12:28:33 pm »

Don't read too much into it. WR is still a priority in the draft.

I agree with you.  Jennings is 32 and all but done; hopefully Miami just picked him up for depth as he's no longer a #1 receiver.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 06:06:24 pm »

Omar Kelly reporting this (if anyone still takes his stuff seriously)

The realest trade partner I've heard for Miami is Dallas, which has pick No. 27 in the 1st, No. 60 in the 2nd, and No. 91 in the 3rd.

I'm all about trading way down this year, that's what I hope they do but I am not positive they will. Since I want the Fins to add o-line I have no problem trading down and taking a Cam Erving or someone like that in Rd 1. Then go WR or LB in Rd 2.

IF Miami is going to trade up  (like LaCanfora and others say they will) though then go big, don't give up a 2nd rounder this year and just end up with 1 pick in the first 3 rounds. Give up next years #1 with Pick #14 and go way up to get a stud and keep the 2nd roud pick this year.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2015, 10:03:34 pm »

I don't see any player worth losing a first rounder over. We have some good pieces, but we are not a team that is one piece away unless that piece is a head coach.

Trade down for extra picks now and next year. Extra picks for our new head coach.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray