Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:39:29 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Day 3 NFL Draft (Rds 4-7)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Day 3 NFL Draft (Rds 4-7)  (Read 4953 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« on: May 02, 2015, 12:39:39 pm »

Miami's 4th round pick is coming up... Guards Quinton Spain and Arie Kouandjio are still available. Several good linebackers still on the board as well.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 12:40:35 pm »

...and as I posted that, Kouandjio was selected by Washington, two picks before Miami could get on the clock.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 12:59:37 pm »

Fins take Jamil Douglas OG out of Arizona St

Great pick. He played out of position last year at LT as the team needed him there and struggled. As a guard though he is very good and he excels in zone blocking scheme which Miami runs
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 01:05:48 pm »

Douglas is a natural LG who will compete with Dallas Thomas for the starters job.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 01:08:19 pm »

...and as I posted that, Kouandjio was selected by Washington, two picks before Miami could get on the clock.

Damn it, I was hoping he would still be there.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 01:19:57 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 01:10:05 pm »

OK, CB, LB or Safety next.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 01:39:36 pm »

Douglas is solid... I like Spain a little more, but no complaints.

Very-very pleased with the 49ers' selection of TE Blake Bell. He was a late round sleeper I was hoping would land in either SF or Miami so I could cheer for him.

~ Micah Leggat
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 02:00:38 pm »

5th round and Dolphins have four picks.  Still some good gussets out there.  Do you gamble one and take Collins here?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 02:06:14 pm »

^^^ YES!!

Run, don't walk, to the podium to turn in that card!

~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 02:14:04 pm »

Dolphins grabbed a CB with their first 5th rounder, Bobby Mccain, out of Memphis. I like this kid. Strong and smart. Good late pick-up for the Dolphins.

~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 02:24:29 pm »

RB Jay Ajayi from Boise State is now a Dolphin as well. If his knee is OK, this is an excellent value pick. Before teams started worrying about the knee, Ajayi was considered a sure-fire 3rd round pick. One of the better receiving backs in this class as well.

~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2015, 02:26:15 pm »

I'm actually not familiar with the new CB, but I'm happy happy happy with Ajayi.  I had him slotted as a 3rd or 4th rounder so thrilled to get him in the 5th.  As long as his knee holds up, I think he will make the roster.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2015, 02:28:09 pm »

Ok, nothing to lose at this point in the draft so let's go ahead and roll the dice on Collins with this next 5th round pick.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2015, 02:45:57 pm »

Nope...they go Safety and WR with their final two 5th rounders. S Ced Thompson, a strong safety "good thumper but not much coverage skills" guy, and WR Tony Lippett, who had a really productive senior season for Michigan State (almost 1,200 yds, 11 TDs, 18.4 yds per catch). Interestingly enough, Lippett also played corner at MSU.

~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2015, 02:46:53 pm »

The analysts just mentioned that Miami may have drafted Lippett to be a big developmental CB prospect.

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray