Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:59:33 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Collins signs with Dallas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Collins signs with Dallas  (Read 5814 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 11:13:13 pm »

DAL finished tied for the best record in the league last year.  If Collins cares about winning and cares about state income tax, then unless SEA was blowing up his phone, DAL is probably the best option on the table.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 11:38:49 pm »

DAL finished tied for the best record in the league last year.  If Collins cares about winning and cares about state income tax, then unless SEA was blowing up his phone, DAL is probably the best option on the table.

He played for Les Miles at LSU...he obviously doesn't care that much about winning. Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 04:53:37 pm »

If Collins cares about winning and cares about state income tax, then unless SEA was blowing up his phone, DAL is probably the best option on the table.

Just a note about taxes, professional athletes pay state income taxes on their game checks for games played in other states.  So, only half the pay of Dolphins players are exempt from state income taxes (more if they also play in other states without an income tax).  However, these rookies have probably never paid taxes in their life and don't have a clue or care.  Once they blow all their initial contract money, THEN they start thinking about taxes for their next contract.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 05:06:26 pm »

Just a note about taxes, professional athletes pay state income taxes on their game checks for games played in other states.  So, only half the pay of Dolphins players are exempt from state income taxes (more if they also play in other states without an income tax).  However, these rookies have probably never paid taxes in their life and don't have a clue or care.  Once they blow all their initial contract money, THEN they start thinking about taxes for their next contract.

I'm sure agents educate them on these intricacies.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 06:46:12 pm »

I'm sure agents educate them on these intricacies.

I think you overestimate the morality of agents.  The agents' commission/fee is based on the gross contract, not what contract is most tax efficient.  However, although they probably mention it to the players to avoid being sued, I stand by my statement that these young kids don't have a clue, or care about the state taxes that will be owed.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray