Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:59:11 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Brady suspended 4 games; NE loses a 1st, 4th, and $1M
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print
Author Topic: Brady suspended 4 games; NE loses a 1st, 4th, and $1M  (Read 42728 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #180 on: September 08, 2015, 02:07:42 pm »

Unless I am mistaken, it was already a rule. In 2006 a memo was sent to all the teams emphasizing the rule, but it wasn't just created then.

Rule was 2006, in 2007 a memo was sent emphasizing the rule. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #181 on: September 08, 2015, 02:18:24 pm »

Make all the excuses you want, they will always be dirty, REPEAT cheaters to everyone not in New England.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #182 on: September 08, 2015, 02:26:27 pm »

Former Patriots coaches and employees are now speaking. Spilling the beans.

-In fact, many former New England coaches and employees insist that the taping of signals wasn't even the most effective cheating method the Patriots deployed in that era. Several of them acknowledge that during pregame warm-ups, a low-level Patriots employee would sneak into the visiting locker room and steal the play sheet, listing the first 20 or so scripted calls for the opposing team's offense.

-Numerous former employees say the Patriots would have someone rummage through the visiting team hotel for playbooks or scouting reports.

-That the taping of opposing signals “got out of control,” according to one former Patriots assistant. But it also was just the tip of the iceberg in the Patriots’ bag of dirty tricks, according to ESPN’s Seth Wickersham and Don Van Natta At Gillette Stadium, the scrambling and jamming of the opponents’ coach-to-quarterback radio line — “small s—” that many teams do, according to a former Pats assistant coach — occurred so often that one team asked a league official to sit in the coaches’ box during the game and wait for it to happen. Sure enough, on a key third down, the headset went out.

-"[A backup quarterback named John] Friesz was told that the Patriots had a tape of the Bucs' signals. He was instructed to memorize them, and during the game, to watch Bucs defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin and tell [offensive coordinator Charlie] Weis the defensive play, which Weis would relay over the radio headset system to quarterback Drew Bledsoe."  Although the Patriots lost that game, they realized a "schematic" edge over other teams. They "streamlined the system," finding a more efficient way to note the plays and relay the information, cutting out the quarterbacks, with only a few people, including Belichick.

ESPN has done wall to wall coverage of this all day. This is there "Watergate" right now...lol. All joking aside if enough people step forward and talk about this and expose the Pats at what point do the other NFL owners step up and take action against Kraft. Either ban him from day to day management for a few years (ala like Steinbrenner was in MLB back in 1990 till 1993) or just maybe take the team away from him as it lacks institutional control  NBA took away the Clippers from the Sterling for far less than this.)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:42:41 pm by MikeO » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #183 on: September 08, 2015, 02:55:09 pm »

ESPN has done wall to wall coverage of this all day.

Let's see.....

Deflategate is overblown with ESPN running multiple reports that turnout to be false and just a smear campaign of leaks from the NFL.

NFL loses and embarrassing court case when the fact don't live up to the false reports.

ESPN runs a story in which the information could have only come from one place...the NFL that smears NE. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #184 on: September 08, 2015, 03:14:32 pm »

Rule was 2006, in 2007 a memo was sent emphasizing the rule. 

Incorrect. The memo was September 2006. The Patriots scandal was 2007.

This seems to imply it was already illegal.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/199345-the-truth-about-spygate-punishing-success-and-promoting-parity

(See: “Patriots Spygate Story May Have More Episodes” by Mark Gaughan, The Buffalo News, February 10, 2008. Note that the article contains erroneous information about the Patriots admitting to taping only since 2006, and the NFL punishing them for taping only during that time frame.

In fact, the Patriots had admitted to taping since 2000, and Goodell punished them for that whole period. Gaughan got the Bills/Cowboys information from former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly. A USA Today article cites Johnson’s version. )
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 03:33:40 pm by Phishfan » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #185 on: September 08, 2015, 03:36:58 pm »

Incorrect. The memo was September 2006. The Patriots scandal was 2007.

This seems to imply it was already illegal.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/199345-the-truth-about-spygate-punishing-success-and-promoting-parity

(See: “Patriots Spygate Story May Have More Episodes” by Mark Gaughan, The Buffalo News, February 10, 2008. Note that the article contains erroneous information about the Patriots admitting to taping only since 2006, and the NFL punishing them for taping only during that time frame.

In fact, the Patriots had admitted to taping since 2000, and Goodell punished them for that whole period. Gaughan got the Bills/Cowboys information from former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly. A USA Today article cites Johnson’s version. )
It doesn't really matter at this point. Just like I had to finally come to terms with Bill Cosby being a piece of crap ... with so many people coming forward its obvious that they make it a priority to cheat on every level possible.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #186 on: September 08, 2015, 03:46:29 pm »

It doesn't really matter at this point. Just like I had to finally come to terms with Bill Cosby being a piece of crap ... with so many people coming forward its obvious that they make it a priority to cheat on every level possible.

Exactly. Where there is enough smoke there is fire. The Patriots cheated for years. All of their Super Bowls are forever tarnished. Belichick should NEVER be mentioned in the same breath as Lombardi, Halas, Shula...etc. It is what it is. Pats fans can deny it till they are blue in the face, just too many facts now. Too many people speaking and giving up the details.

And this goes beyond a little "gamesmanship" comparing it to throwing a spitball in baseball or using a little Vaseline on a baseball like some pitchers do. This is flat out blatant cheating across the board for close to a decade in various ways.  A well run operated system of cheating using any means necessary whether electronic or sending in people to steal material.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #187 on: September 08, 2015, 03:47:25 pm »

Oh yeah, it was totally legal. That's why they instructed employees to pretend like they didn't work for the Patriots and were filming other things.

As far as Deflategate goes, the Pats were never found innocent of that. Brady just had his suspension overturned because Goodell is an idiot. Innocent people don't destroy evidence and play Spy.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2015, 06:09:24 am »

ESPN has done wall to wall coverage of this all day. This is there "Watergate" right now...lol. All joking aside if enough people step forward and talk about this and expose the Pats at what point do the other NFL owners step up and take action against Kraft. Either ban him from day to day management for a few years (ala like Steinbrenner was in MLB back in 1990 till 1993) or just maybe take the team away from him as it lacks institutional control  NBA took away the Clippers from the Sterling for far less than this.)

I've said this earlier on.   I hope the NFL can be like the NCAA and make the Pats vacate those Super Bowls should all of this come to light.   
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2015, 09:01:00 am »

I've said this earlier on.   I hope the NFL can be like the NCAA and make the Pats vacate those Super Bowls should all of this come to light.  

It's important to note the difference between the words "hope" and "wish."

I hope my fantasy team does well this season.
I wish I was an NFL QB who was dating a supermodel.

I think your comment would have been more accurate with the term "wish."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #190 on: September 11, 2015, 12:30:05 am »

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was angry after the game, complaining that coaches couldn't communicate because they were hearing the Patriots radio broadcast over their headsets. The league said it was a temporary problem caused in part by the weather.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/recap/NFL_20150910_PIT@NE

New season, same cheating shit from the Patriots, same inaction from an impotent NFL
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #191 on: September 11, 2015, 08:16:51 am »

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was angry after the game, complaining that coaches couldn't communicate because they were hearing the Patriots radio broadcast over their headsets. The league said it was a temporary problem caused in part by the weather.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/recap/NFL_20150910_PIT@NE

New season, same cheating shit from the Patriots, same inaction from an impotent NFL

As much as I would like to jump on this, apparently the Pats headsets were off so they couldn't use it either. Also, the headsets are controlled by the NFL. I'm going to assume it's nothing but Chris Collinsworth does have a funny statement along the lines of every team has a story like this when they get to Foxboro.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #192 on: September 11, 2015, 09:04:25 am »

As much as I would like to jump on this, apparently the Pats headsets were off so they couldn't use it either. Also, the headsets are controlled by the NFL. I'm going to assume it's nothing but Chris Collinsworth does have a funny statement along the lines of every team has a story like this when they get to Foxboro.
There were reports this week of the Pats jamming others teams' headsets and this plays right into that. It was a really bad time for a coincidence.

From the Steelers own website!!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 09:07:57 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #193 on: September 11, 2015, 09:30:19 am »

It's a "perception" over "reality" at this point with the Pats. Their franchise is forever tarnished (well at least as long as Kraft owns them Belichick is coach and Brady is the QB.)  Everyone outside of Pats fans just assumes they are cheating at all times. Where there is smoke there is typically fire and there is always something around this franchise, there is always smoke and most level headed people have come to the understanding they are probably cheating at all times and nothing will change their mind. No different than most level headed people assume all MLB players were on Steroids for a period in the late 90's to early 2000's. 

The Pats have an unofficial "*" next to every championship at this point. Belichick will never be considered an all time great coach. Brady will never be in the conversation for best QB of all time. It's just the reality of the situation. No matter how much they have cheated in the past or if they ever cheat again in the future....they have a tarnished legacy and it's just the way it is.  The Pats are cheaters in the eyes of all fans an non-football fans outside of New England and that is a label that isn't going away anytime soon.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 09:33:29 am by MikeO » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #194 on: September 11, 2015, 10:32:46 am »

Best meme I've seen this week

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray