Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:53:11 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Brady suspended 4 games; NE loses a 1st, 4th, and $1M
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print
Author Topic: Brady suspended 4 games; NE loses a 1st, 4th, and $1M  (Read 42729 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2015, 10:55:08 am »

It's a "perception" over "reality" at this point with the Pats.

Yup, 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/headset-issues-have-arisen-in-pittsburgh-too/

Anytime anyone loses, they blame it on cheating without proof, and issue issue with NE is overblown, see Deflategate vs. the exact same thing happened with the Jets balls in a game vs NE and nobody investigated the kicker. 

No real difference between what NE did vs the Ravens and how Marino beat the Jets Nov 27 1994.  The job of the offense is to confuse the defense. 

Or SI recent piece implying BB was spying on teams arriving at the airport when in fact all he was doing was reading the official updated injury report. 

The fact that many other teams sweep the NEP locker room for listening devices doesn't prove NE cheats, it proves the other teams are paranoid.  And it proves that NE doesn't have listening devices, because someone would have found one if they did. 

But here is why all of this helps NE.  If the other team is so paranoid and focused on this crap, it means less time to prepare for things that will actually affect the outcome of the game.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2015, 12:08:07 pm »

Yes, you can get an extra advantage when your past cheating makes other teams worried about more cheating.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2015, 03:28:47 pm »

Multiple coaches have said that headsets are an issue....

Panthers coach Ron Rivera has said he has had problems in other stadiums but not Foxboro.  (Yeah, I know he hasn't played many games in Foxboro, relevent point is it happens elsewhere too)

Joe Philbin said the Dolphins have never experienced headset problems at Gillette Stadium during his time as coach. Other places, yes. (He plays in Foxboro once a year)

Sean Payton said the Saints run into multiple headset problems every season, but haven't had one in New England. (Like Ron he doesn't play in NE often but the problem is widespread)

Tony Dungy says it never happened when he coached in Foxboro, but has had the issue in other stadiums often.

Rex Ryan (who is not shy about taking shots at NE) said that he knows he has had problems often but doesn't recall if they ever were specially in NE.

Beyond the issue that should end the accusations about NE cheating, why is this happening?  In 2015? I don't have that many issues with the walkie talkies I bought at walmart.  NFL makes billions of dollars they should be able to afford more reliable systems. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2015, 04:27:44 pm »

Beyond the issue that should end the accusations about NE cheating, why is this happening?
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

"At Gillette Stadium, the scrambling and jamming of the opponents' coach-to-quarterback radio line -- 'small s---' that many teams do, according to a former Pats assistant coach -- occurred so often that one team asked a league official to sit in the coaches' box during the game and wait for it to happen. Sure enough, on a key third down, the headset went out."

If I randomly punch you in the face day after day, it's silly for me to complain that you're flinching every time I scratch my nose.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 04:29:53 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #199 on: September 11, 2015, 05:07:27 pm »

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

"At Gillette Stadium, the scrambling and jamming of the opponents' coach-to-quarterback radio line -- 'small s---' that many teams do, according to a former Pats assistant coach -- occurred so often that one team asked a league official to sit in the coaches' box during the game and wait for it to happen. Sure enough, on a key third down, the headset went out."

If I randomly punch you in the face day after day, it's silly for me to complain that you're flinching every time I scratch my nose.

If a former Pats assistant coach said it, it must not be true. He's probably just upset that he isn't there anymore.

Yeah... that's it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #200 on: September 11, 2015, 06:39:44 pm »

It's a "perception" over "reality" at this point with the Pats.
At this point reality is reality. As long as we keep making apologies for New England they will continue to thumb their nose at the NFL's rules and why shouldn't they since they have been getting away with it since Belichick has been head coach. It used to be something to talk about, now it's just embarrassing for the league.

I've never been one to say fuck the Jets because I never really have had anything against them. Well the time has come for someone to say it. Fuck the Pats!

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2015, 11:09:15 pm »

No real difference between what NE did vs the Ravens and how Marino beat the Jets Nov 27 1994.  The job of the offense is to confuse the defense. 
The NFL doesn't agree. They changed the rules to prevent what NE did to the Ravens, what Marino did is still perfectly within the rules. If what NE does is the same as the rest of the league why does the league keep making rules to prevent the things that NE is doing? It's time we stop making excuses for New England, they are embarrassing the league and embarrassing themselves with this type of stuff. Belichick is too good of a coach to be doing this stuff. New England has tainted their legacy. They used to be considered by most a model franchise, that distinction is gone. I keep hearing people say they don't think this stuff is the reason they've had the success that they have had, but in the next sentence they always seem to agree that it's tainted their legacy. It won't keep Brady and Belichick out of the hall of fame and I'm not suggesting it should, but there will be a huge asterisk next to their names for most people. It's a shame. They don't need to do this. They could stop it if they wanted to and could clean up their acts and disassociate their names from this petty stuff, but I don't think they will, I'm not even sure they want to. I think they enjoy being the bad guys. Some guys get a bad rep they don't deserve and then some guys have a bad rep because they relish it. I've lost all respect for Brady, Belichick, Kraft and New England. I'm tired of their shit. Fuck the Pats.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:29:27 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2015, 12:29:00 am »

Actually, fake spikes are now against the rules.

The rule change was implemented after a series of QBs (I remember Kurt Warner and Peyton Manning) started running "fake timeout" plays.

edit: I can't find evidence of the actual rule change, so ignore the above.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 01:25:03 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2015, 09:54:29 am »

Multiple coaches have said that headsets are an issue....

Panthers coach Ron Rivera has said he has had problems in other stadiums but not Foxboro.  (Yeah, I know he hasn't played many games in Foxboro, relevent point is it happens elsewhere too)

Joe Philbin said the Dolphins have never experienced headset problems at Gillette Stadium during his time as coach. Other places, yes. (He plays in Foxboro once a year)

Sean Payton said the Saints run into multiple headset problems every season, but haven't had one in New England. (Like Ron he doesn't play in NE often but the problem is widespread)

Tony Dungy says it never happened when he coached in Foxboro, but has had the issue in other stadiums often.

Rex Ryan (who is not shy about taking shots at NE) said that he knows he has had problems often but doesn't recall if they ever were specially in NE.

Beyond the issue that should end the accusations about NE cheating, why is this happening?  In 2015? I don't have that many issues with the walkie talkies I bought at walmart.  NFL makes billions of dollars they should be able to afford more reliable systems. 

At least 5 teams have "reported" having issues in that stadium after headsets mysteriously malfunctioned. Oddly enough they are the better teams. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray