Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2026, 01:47:24 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Have you ever considered suicide?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Have you ever considered suicide?  (Read 4033 times)
SCFinfan
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 1644



Email
« on: May 12, 2015, 09:29:40 pm »

Have you? If yes, how close did you get? If you attempted, why?

I've had plenty of ideation over the years, but never an attempt. The slings and arrows of fortune are too much for high-strung folks like me at times. But similarly, I fear hell and know the pain it would cause, so I could never even attempt it. The guilt would overwhelm me before I even got close.

Note: am not depressed or anything, just thinking about this tonight and wanted to broach it.
Logged
Rich
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 1259


« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 09:23:53 am »

No, but if someone else they should get help. Keeping things inside only makes it worse.
Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15952



« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 09:24:58 am »

I would bet the idea of suicide has crossed everyone's mind in some fashion. I've never come close to even attempting it though.
Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31354

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 09:56:09 am »

Depression has never been something I've struggled with.  My mental stability has always been on-point.  I've lost a friend to it, though.
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 8078


Email
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 10:26:58 am »

Thought about it?  Sure, I think everyone has.  Mine was more about thinking what it would be like.

Ever even come close to attempting?  No way Jose.
Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 23023

Do you know what I am saying?


Email
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 11:05:14 am »


Only to demonstrate that most people actually do know someone who has at least strongly considered suicide, if not attempted it outright...

Yes, I've considered it, and think about it regularly even to this day. I came very close once, and when I say "very close," I mean blade in-hand and "goodbye, cruel world" note written. I even went through a fairly long period (over 6 months) where I never left home without ensuring that my written farewell was on my desk in a place that would make it easily discovered, should I decide that the day had come to end my life.

But, to pin a little Monty Python tail on that depressing donkey of a thought... "It got better!"

Logged

"No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food!"
~Long Duk Dong
Buddhagirl
YJFF Member
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 4930



« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 11:32:28 am »

Hmmm...not direct suicide per say. Like, I've never thought, "I'd like to blow my brains out." But, there were years where I intentionally harmed myself or did completely reckless things and did not care if the end result was death. I've also dealt for years with some pretty extreme anxiety.

And like Sunstroke says it got better. But, I had to face up to it, see a doc, and do the things I needed to get me healthy. If I'm not diligent anxiety sneaks up on me and cripples me with fear. Fear of absolutely ridiculous bullshit that is never, ever going to happen. Trust me when I say that is no way to live.
Logged

"Well behaved women seldom make history."
dolphins4life
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 10083


THE ASSCLOWN AWARD


« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 11:38:26 pm »

Yes, I did when I was in college, but I would always know in my heart that I could never put my family through that.

I haven't thought about it since.   Even when I was going through my midlife crisis last year, I never considered it once.

I sometimes wish I could help people and share my story to give hope to people and let them know that things do get better.

Therapy helped me greatly. 
Logged

avatar text:

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 17884


cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 08:03:58 am »

I did and was very serious about doing it. Was 27 and in a depression although I had no idea. The ringing in my ears was deafening (I have tinnitus), I hadn't gone to work in over a week nor slept in days. In fact, in the weeks proceeding I had little to no sleep. I was so strung out no one could tell me anything and was facing the fact I might not ever get better. The specialist had even informed me that even if they removed my eardrums the ringing would continue. My wife thought I was going crazy and we had just had twins. The world seemed pretty bleak to me. In fact except for the fear of my children having to grow up with a father who killed himself, I might had done it. Fortunately I held out long enough. This is the exact moment when I went from being a non-practicing Christian to being a saved person. I remember the exact moment when I realized everything was going to get better and it has changed me for life. Thank you Jesus!   
Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 28299

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 11:05:50 am »

[slight derail]
Have you had treatment for the tinnitus?  I used to work for a company that used magnetic pulse therapy to treat this condition in horses, because it wasn't approved by FDA in the US.  They were a German company.  Not sure if its something you could look into...
[/slight derail]
Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 17884


cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 03:04:57 pm »

[slight derail]
Have you had treatment for the tinnitus?  I used to work for a company that used magnetic pulse therapy to treat this condition in horses, because it wasn't approved by FDA in the US.  They were a German company.  Not sure if its something you could look into...
[/slight derail]
Not an issue any longer. I still have it but it's really no big deal. The more hearing I lose, and I have lost a lot of the higher frequencies in my right ear, the louder it gets. Prior to this situation I had to sleep with noise. I've had to all my life ...  or at least since I can remember. Since this event I can sleep without a TV or fan. I don't usually do it because I've gotten used to the fan, but when I have to it's no big deal. that wasn't the case previously.
Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 6443



« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 03:54:48 pm »

they make white noise machines you can sleep with too
Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15952



« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 05:43:52 pm »

^^^ Those things suck for someone who doesn't need it. I took a road trip earlier this year and shared a hotel room. That guy's damn machine kept me awake all night.
Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray


Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines