Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:19:30 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Movie Review: Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: What did you think of Mad Max: Fury Road?
*****   -1 (7.1%)
****   -5 (35.7%)
***   -0 (0%)
**   -0 (0%)
*   -0 (0%)
I'd like to see it.   -4 (28.6%)
I'm not interested.   -4 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Movie Review: Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)  (Read 4825 times)
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 08:44:24 pm »

There's a male strip club in Dallas named Master Blasters.  I chuckle every time I drive by on the interstate.

I'm stunned by the number of people who hadn't seen any of the original series.  I might actually be agog.  The Road Warrior was required viewing in my neck o'the woods during the 80s.

(I also visited a location outside Clunes, Victoria in Australia where they filmed one of the central scenes in the original Mad Max.  I had to make a pilgrimage since I was less than an hour away at the time.)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:46:51 pm by mecadonzilla » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 11:27:05 pm »

I'm stunned by the number of people who hadn't seen any of the original series.  I might actually be agog.  The Road Warrior was required viewing in my neck o'the woods during the 80s.

I know, right? And "agog" is a damned good way to put it. I join you in sincere agoghood.

(I also visited a location outside Clunes, Victoria in Australia where they filmed one of the central scenes in the original Mad Max.  I had to make a pilgrimage since I was less than an hour away at the time.)

I did this for The Shawshank Redemption about 3 years ago. The company I was working for (Webcast 1) got bought out by a company in Mansfield, Ohio (Thoughtwire Marketing). That company flew me up from Florida to Ohio to spend a week and help integrate their SEO division into our current operation, and they offered me a position there at their Mansfield office. I passed on living in Ohio, but while there, I took a little afternoon trip to visit the correctional facility where they filmed most of The Shawshank Redemption, and even had my picture taken while sitting in Andy Dufresne's jail cell.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Lee
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 12:11:50 am »

Dave, you should watch the original movies... I've always been a fan, I think you'll like them.

Tina Turner in her hay-day is funny stuff too...

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 12:48:33 am »

I liked it, but wasn't blown away. The stunts were great, and I loved that, but I felt two things were odd:

1. In the tank/mud scene. Why didn't we see the action, rather than just hear it from Charlize Theron's POV?

2. Motivation. Why did Nux switch sides? Why did Max decide to help the women after they parted ways on motorcycles? If you say the motivation in every circumstance was "survival" then, these choices don't make much sense. I guess Nux could've been wooed by that redhead, but he seemed to switch sides prior to that if memory serves.

Overall, solid B. Wouldn't see again until it hits Netflix, though.

Nux's transformation began when the Immortal leader left him in disgust wen Nux tripped on the trailer. The girl showed him compassion and that was enough.
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 06:41:33 am »

Whydid Maxdecideto help the women after they parted ways on motorcycles?

That was pretty clear. Throughout the entire movie Max is haunted by visions which culminates in this decision.

The Nux change is too abrupt and unrealistic but I'm not gonna worry about that in a movie that has a dude bungee corded to a wall of Marshalls on a White Freightliner doing 100 mph playing flamethrower metal.  Wink

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Buddhagirl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2015, 11:50:41 am »

I saw this movie Sunday night and it was AWESOME!!! There was not one thing about the movie that I did not enjoy.  It was action packed, beautifully shot, and Charlize Theron looked like a badass godess.

But, by far, my favorite character was the guitar player. How much hubris must a warlord have to bring along a dude just to play guitar? I want my own guitar player to follow me around the desert.

I LOVED this movie.

"Well behaved women seldom make history."
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2015, 10:50:21 pm »

Forgot to give my review..

Fucking brilliant

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2015, 12:35:30 pm »

Rather than start a whole new thread for it, I have to say that I watched the movie "Kingsman: The Secret Service" last night, and it was as entertaining as any movie I've seen since Guardians of the Galaxy. Funny, tons of good action, and insanely well choreographed fight scenes.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2015, 03:09:14 am »

Rather than start a whole new thread for it, I have to say that I watched the movie "Kingsman: The Secret Service" last night, and it was as entertaining as any movie I've seen since Guardians of the Galaxy. Funny, tons of good action, and insanely well choreographed fight scenes.

I concur
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray