Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:39:24 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Hard Knocks--Houston it appears is the team
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Hard Knocks--Houston it appears is the team  (Read 4768 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: May 23, 2015, 12:14:07 pm »

It appears Houston will be featured on Hard Knocks from reports. Not confirmed but that is what is out there. Other 2 finalists are Washington and Buffalo (Buffalo can't be forced so they volunteered). HBO wants Houston though

League wanted Cleveland but many felt that would probably not be fair to Manziel and having cameras follow him 24/7 might put him in a grave, so they backed off the Browns.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 04:45:05 pm »

At first, I was hoping it would be Tampa, as everything about Jameis would be an interesting storyline for TV.  But now that I think about it, I want a successful team, not a successful soap opera.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 07:16:42 pm »

Buffalo seems far more interesting than Houston with Rex and the fact they might contend for the division if their QB situation can upgrade to "not a disgrace".
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 05:58:38 am »

Buffalo seems far more interesting than Houston with Rex and the fact they might contend for the division if their QB situation can upgrade to "not a disgrace".

The word is the NFL wants to make JJ Watt a mega star which is why they are picking Houston.  They think giving him exposure will shine a light on a good "character" guy for the league and make him a mega star. Rex plays up to the cameras and we have seen it once, I don't think we need to see the same act again.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 12:01:45 pm »

I thought JJ Watt already was a mega star.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 12:26:21 pm »

Which is the team that will contend with a QB, BUF or HOU?  Both of them have good defenses and horrible QBs, and they both finished 9-7 last year.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 01:42:10 pm »

I thought JJ Watt already was a mega star.

I agree completely. He's the consensus best defensive player in the league, and almost (ok, 18 votes shy) became the first defensive player to win NFL MVP in 28 years. He's also been the NFL Defensive Player of the Year 2 of the past 3 years.

JJ Watt is already a mega-star...hard to see him get any bigger.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 03:43:08 pm »

JJ Watt is a big superstar. He has a long way to go to be that mega star though. If you ask 10 random women in a grocery store who JJ Watt is and then ask 10 random women who Tom Brady is you will find out the difference between a big star and a mega star.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 04:36:28 pm »

JJ Watt is a big superstar. He has a long way to go to be that mega star though. If you ask 10 random women in a grocery store who JJ Watt is and then ask 10 random women who Tom Brady is you will find out the difference between a big star and a mega star.

exactly!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 05:43:39 pm »

You could put JJ Watt on the next 5 seasons of Hard Knocks, and random women at grocery stores STILL will have no idea who he is. Random produce aisle wenches don't watch Hard Knocks...

By that criteria, no defensive player will ever be a mega star.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 06:48:22 pm »

Deion Sanders was a defensive player.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 07:29:59 pm »

Random women in grocery stores knows who Michael Strahan is, but it has nothing to do with football.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 04:36:39 am »

Deion Sanders was a defensive player.

Why yes, yes he was. Top marks for you, laddie! Gold star on your forehead and the honor of riding in the front seat on the short bus, where you can filibuster the bus driver on how comparable Deion's situation twenty five-ish years ago is with J.J. Watt's situation today, and the overwhelming popularity that they both share with the Random Grocery Snatch demographic.

~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 09:24:07 am »

You could put JJ Watt on the next 5 seasons of Hard Knocks, and random women at grocery stores STILL will have no idea who he is. Random produce aisle wenches don't watch Hard Knocks...

By that criteria, no defensive player will ever be a mega star.

My point isn't that Watt would become a mega star, that was someone else. My point is simply that he is not a mega star already, as was suggested.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 09:59:39 am »

It's official, Houston is the team on Hard Knocks.

JJ Watt isn't a mega star, outside of die-hard NFL fans nobody knows who he is
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray