Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:11:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Evan Mathis just cut...SIGN HIM MIAMI!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Evan Mathis just cut...SIGN HIM MIAMI!!  (Read 32995 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 12:54:14 pm »

Well its been a couple weeks since Mathis was cut and no signing yet.  I guess no teams want to pay $6 mil for a guy who missed half of last season, and will be 34 this year.  In order to save face I see Mathis signing a one year deal with a SB contender, which means the Pats probably get him.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 01:33:03 pm »

Well its been a couple weeks since Mathis was cut and no signing yet.  I guess no teams want to pay $6 mil for a guy who missed half of last season, and will be 34 this year.  In order to save face I see Mathis signing a one year deal with a SB contender, which means the Pats probably get him.

He is waiting for someone to get hurt at his position to create an opening on a team. Or for a team to realize they have a huge void at guard cause they guys they are planning on suck and they need him.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 05:01:51 pm »

He is waiting for someone to get hurt at his position to create an opening on a team. Or for a team to realize they have a huge void at guard cause they guys they are planning on suck and they need him.
I find it hard to believe we haven't realized we "have a huge void at guard cause they guys they are planning on suck and they need him". I just think we are playing games to get a better deal. In all honesty ... how could they not seriously be looking at him?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2015, 05:06:48 pm »

I find it hard to believe we haven't realized we "have a huge void at guard cause they guys they are planning on suck and they need him". I just think we are playing games to get a better deal. In all honesty ... how could they not seriously be looking at him?

Not like we have Lombardi and Walsh running the Fins franchise
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 05:57:49 pm »

^^^^ It's the only way for me to rationalize things. Let me live in my "happy place" for a while! LOL

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 10:36:56 am »

Has anyone picked this guy up yet?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2015, 12:13:24 pm »

Has anyone picked this guy up yet?

nope. He is Old and seen as a bit of a whiner so teams kick the tires on him but then say, no thank you. His best contract was in Philly and he walked away from it cause he bitched so much. So no team will give him that much $$. I guess he won't sign till mid to late August and he is hoping a couple guards get hurt in camp and a team is desperate
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2015, 11:37:41 pm »

He's still the best guard in the whole league, so this complete lack of interest is surprising unless he is unwilling to budge on his high salary demands. Which, seems pretty likely to be honest considering what he just walked away from.

Still, he is a must have for us. Tanny would pay his salary himself.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 08:35:20 am »

He's still the best guard in the whole league, so this complete lack of interest is surprising unless he is unwilling to budge on his high salary demands. Which, seems pretty likely to be honest considering what he just walked away from.

Still, he is a must have for us. Tanny would pay his salary himself.

He's 33, will be 34 during the season and he wants a multi year deal. No GM with an IQ over 2 would give an o-linemen that old a multi  year commitment and the salary he is asking for
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2015, 08:50:24 am »

2 year deal wouldn't be that bad with an option for a 3rd(team, of course) depending on money. O-Line guys age slower than skill positions.

I wouldn't be upset at 2 years/$8 Million, but he just walked away from $5.5 Million, so that seems unlikely until the last week of training camp and he punches his agent and swallows his pride.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2015, 12:40:14 pm »

He didn't walk away from Philly, Philly cut him because they were tired of him whining and being a team distraction.  So, although there may be teams that are willing to pay him how much he was going to make in Philly (which is really the top end for a player his age, that missed games due to injury), who would want to bring in a distraction and pay top dollar for the privilege?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2015, 01:43:33 pm »

He didn't walk away from Philly, Philly cut him because they were tired of him whining and being a team distraction.  So, although there may be teams that are willing to pay him how much he was going to make in Philly (which is really the top end for a player his age, that missed games due to injury), who would want to bring in a distraction and pay top dollar for the privilege?

Mathis skipped every OTA and said he was going to skip training camp. Hence, he walked away and didn't show up. They got tired of his games and cut him. 

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 04:49:16 pm »

Still surprising we didn't hear about any offers, even small 1 year deals. This is a league that employs wife beaters and deadbeat dads constantly, no morals in this league. If you can help a team win, you'll have a job.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2015, 06:49:57 pm »

Still surprising we didn't hear about any offers, even small 1 year deals. This is a league that employs wife beaters and deadbeat dads constantly, no morals in this league. If you can help a team win, you'll have a job.

FA is over. Draft is over. Most teams have their rosters set. They will only break the bank for a guy if a big injury hits them or if in the middle of training camp they realize they have a huge problem at a certain position
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2015, 09:14:20 pm »

Good point. Then let me just say that it's surprising that no news has been reported that Miami has made a 1 year offer, even if it's only for say $3 Million. No doubt Guard is a huge need and he obviously isn't getting any contract offers from anyone else. I would rather make an offer now then wait for an injury to happen to another team that makes him go there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray