Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:08:51 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Michael Sam leaves Montreal Alouettes’ training camp
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Michael Sam leaves Montreal Alouettes’ training camp  (Read 3929 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: June 19, 2015, 11:23:06 am »

There were so many people pointing fingers and calling people bigots and homophobes just because they didn't think he would succeed in the NFL. I wonder how many have stepped up to admit they were wrong? It's way too easy to beat people up online and not have any to deal with any accountability.

As the days have passed it seems he was more like Jonathan Martin than the great gay role model everyone wanted him to be. If he was more interested in football than being famous for being gay most of us would have known as much about his sexual conquests as we do Brandon Fields. 

Another team source said Sam may have simply overreacted to a comment that was made to him by another player.

"All I know is I heard somebody made a comment about him, about how he wasn’t very good and wasn’t having a very good camp. He took it personally and was pouting in his room," the source said. "It’s very strange. I have no idea what’s going on. He might have a personal issue."

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 11:51:29 am »

There were so many people pointing fingers and calling people bigots and homophobes just because they didn't think he would succeed in the NFL. I wonder how many have stepped up to admit they were wrong? It's way too easy to beat people up online and not have any to deal with any accountability.

This is straw-man logic.  The overwhelming narrative during the whole ordeal was that Sam got his shot, now he had to make the best of it.  What credible source anywhere was claiming homophobia for thinking Sam wouldn't succeed?

I drink your milkshake!
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 12:34:42 pm »

This is straw-man logic.  The overwhelming narrative during the whole ordeal was that Sam got his shot, now he had to make the best of it.  What credible source anywhere was claiming homophobia for thinking Sam wouldn't succeed?

All you have to do is go on Facebook and Twitter and look at all the accusations of homophobia when the Cowboys cut him.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 01:09:27 pm »

Dave, no one but you mentioned anything about credible sources. In the world we live in the non credible sources can be very vocal and noticeable.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 06:08:14 pm »

Didn't Sam himself say in an interview he thinks homophobia had something to do with him not being in the NFL?
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 03:30:51 pm »

Didn't Sam himself say in an interview he thinks homophobia had something to do with him not being in the NFL?

Him being gay has nothing to do with it.  He's too undersized to play at DE and too slow to play at LB.  And he's not very good.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 05:34:47 pm »

Just like Obama, he's a feel good story. The underdog minority that rose above some perceived bigotry to succeed. But in reality, just like Obama, he has failed miserably. The fact is, none of us would even know who this guy was if he wasn't gay and he most likely wouldn't ever have been drafted. It's kind of sad when your only claim to fame is being homosexual and having to advertise it.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 10:26:05 pm »

Just like Obama, he's a feel good story. 

Just like the GOP, he's totally clueless.

But in reality, just like Obama, he has failed miserably.

But in reality, just like the GOP, all he wants is to fuck people in the ass...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 01:08:15 am »

Michael Sam is just like Obama!

For a reason that I can't quite put my finger on...

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 02:03:51 am »

You could put a finger on it...but it would come away stinky.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 03:52:18 am »

Please, if you are going to quote me. Use the whole quote. No need to cherry pick and twist.

Just like Obama, he's a feel good story. The underdog minority that rose above some perceived bigotry to succeed.

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 08:25:42 am »

They're both black?
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 12:45:53 pm »

Please, if you are going to quote me. Use the whole quote. No need to cherry pick and twist.

Hate to break it to you pondwater, but Spider wasn't quoting you.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 12:56:31 pm »

They're both black?

Nope, I was referring to them both being minorities. One black and one gay. Advertising yourself as black in the NFL/NFL draft would be pointless. Hence the reason you would have never heard of Michael Sam except for his gayness.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 01:34:04 pm »

No one would have heard of Michael Sam if he wasn't gay.
And Michael Sam is just like Obama.
So the reader may conclude that no one would have heard of Obama if he wasn't _________.

An interesting thought experiment is to try this with other Presidents.  For example:

No one would have heard of Bill Clinton if he wasn't ________.
No one would have heard of Richard Nixon if he wasn't ________.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:37:27 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray