Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:49:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  2015 NBA Draft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 2015 NBA Draft  (Read 6169 times)
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 11:10:00 am »

Hmm... almost every highlight I see of Winslow is him beating defenders off the dribble to get to the rim. Wouldn't that constitute creating your own shot?

Also, when you play on a team like Duke, it is hard to be "the guy" and put up big numbers.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 11:32:43 am »

Also, when you play on a team like Duke, it is hard to be "the guy" and put up big numbers.

Not going back to the 80's and 90's, keeping it somewhat recent.....Okafor did it. JJ Redick did it. Jay Williams did it. Should I continue? Just sayin.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 05:42:20 pm »

Not going back to the 80's and 90's, keeping it somewhat recent.....Okafor did it. JJ Redick did it. Jay Williams did it. Should I continue? Just sayin.

Did they play on this version of the Duke team that has so many potential NBA players on it?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2015, 07:53:56 pm »

If you look at the way Duke's points were spread out each season (going back 10 years), you really can't put them in a specific model. Some years, they have a primary scorer, and other seasons there is a mass of 3-4 players all averaging nearly the same. Krzyzewski does a really good job of running each year's squad based on their strengths.

I have no doubt in Winslow's ability to be a primary scorer for an NBA team, a guy who (as I said earlier this thread) can hang in the 18-20 pts per game area. Will he become that? Ability is only half of the equation, with opportunity being the other element. Will his team want to use him to fill that role?

Film at eleven...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 10:08:01 pm »

Did they play on this version of the Duke team that has so many potential NBA players on it?

yes!
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 09:15:58 am »

yes!

So JJ Redick was on this team? Amazing... I did not realize you could be in the NCAA and NBA at the same time.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 09:37:18 am »

So JJ Redick was on this team? Amazing... I did not realize you could be in the NCAA and NBA at the same time.
I took your question as did they (past Duke players) play on talented Duke teams and teams that had other NBA level players on it.

If your question was did JJ Redick play on the 2015 Duke team that is a foolish thing to say and I have no idea why you would even ask that. I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't ask that silly question. But whatever
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray