Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:46:15 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Sheldon Richardson arrested
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sheldon Richardson arrested  (Read 2359 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: July 30, 2015, 07:24:48 pm »

http://nypost.com/2015/07/30/jets-sheldon-richardson-arrested-for-fleeing-cops-at-143-mph/

He already had a 4 game suspension and now this. You won't see him on a football field anytime in the next year or so
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 09:20:22 pm »

Smoking weed, driving 143 MPH, loaded handgun, and with a 12 year old in the car - doesn't get much more stupid.  Good thing he didn't do it in NYS or he would be facing some major prison time.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 09:33:14 pm »

FWIW, the gun was legal and registered. The rest......yeah, not good. I imagine another 4 games will be added on at the minimum.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 09:34:25 pm »

NFL Beat Writer Mike Freeman doesn't think he will play another NFL game ever again.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 10:20:53 pm »

Suspend him for a year and require him to take parenting classes and do ride alongs with the police during that time.  What this guy did is completely wacko
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 10:26:16 pm »

Well, his 4 game suspension was for weed. Not exactly hardened criminal behavior. This is far more serious, but if the cops are letting him go (for some strange reason), then the remaining 12 games being lost due to suspension seems excessive.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 10:31:53 pm »

Well, his 4 game suspension was for weed. Not exactly hardened criminal behavior. This is far more serious, but if the cops are letting him go (for some strange reason), then the remaining 12 games being lost due to suspension seems excessive.

Three high placed NFL league sources are saying tonight they believe his career is over and he never plays again. Sheldon would be getting off easy with 12 games. Leading cops on a high speed chase, resisting arrest, appeared to reach for a semi-automatic handgun when the cops did pull him over which caused the cops to pull their guns on him, and the most minor thing was the smell marijuana in his vehicle

I don't see him getting a "lifetime ban" or teams avoiding him forever. But it might be 2017 till he is on the field again.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 10:49:12 am »

Smoking weed, driving 143 MPH, loaded handgun, and with a 12 year old in the car - doesn't get much more stupid.  Good thing he didn't do it in NYS or he would be facing some major prison time.

It actually does get MUCH more stupid.

He was evading police by pulling into a driveway and turning off his headlights.

The cops were still able to find him because he never took his foot off the brake lights were on...
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 10:50:00 am »

FWIW, the gun was legal and registered. The rest......yeah, not good. I imagine another 4 games will be added on at the minimum.

It doesn't matter if the gun was legal, it became illegal the moment he had possession of the gun and marijuana at the same time.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 10:51:02 am »

Three high placed NFL league sources are saying tonight they believe his career is over and he never plays again. Sheldon would be getting off easy with 12 games. Leading cops on a high speed chase, resisting arrest, appeared to reach for a semi-automatic handgun when the cops did pull him over which caused the cops to pull their guns on him, and the most minor thing was the smell marijuana in his vehicle

I don't see him getting a "lifetime ban" or teams avoiding him forever. But it might be 2017 till he is on the field again.

He will have a chance to be back, but he has certainly at the very least cost himself a lot of money. The guy was headed towards a stellar career.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 12:50:55 pm »

It doesn't matter if the gun was legal, it became illegal the moment he had possession of the gun and marijuana at the same time.

Ahh, that makes sense.

Still, why did the cops let him go? Driving 143 MPH avoiding police with drugs and a loaded gun AND they pulled their guns on him because he looked like he was reaching for it? That's insane. If I pulled that I would still be in jail until Miami won the Superbowl. Yes, until 2075.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 12:58:49 pm »

Ahh, that makes sense.

Still, why did the cops let him go? Driving 143 MPH avoiding police with drugs and a loaded gun AND they pulled their guns on him because he looked like he was reaching for it? That's insane. If I pulled that I would still be in jail until Miami won the Superbowl. Yes, until 2075.

I don't think he did anything that would cause him to not have bail.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 01:23:41 pm »

I know the cops stated that there was "a strong smell of marijuana" in the car, but where are you seeing that he had a gun and marijuana at the same time? Pulling a couple of quotes from the most recent article on ESPN:

"Richardson was the only person charged, but there were no gun, marijuana or child endangerment charges, according to the prosecutor."

"We're pretty darn sure we know what was going on there," he said. "It reeked of marijuana ... but without the (marijuana) itself, you don't have enough evidence to support drug charges."

and

There was "nothing illegal whatsoever" with regard to the handgun, according to Lohmar. Guns are legal in Missouri, and Richardson possessed it in the proper manner, he said.

Now, don't get me wrong...I'm not condoning what Richardson did...not at all. Racing at 143 mph should be done at the track...or the autobahn, and definitely not with a 12-year old in the back seat.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray