Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:35:50 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  La'el Collins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: La'el Collins  (Read 21684 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2015, 05:48:53 pm »

you know, i'm sorry, but this guy is lucky to have a job.  To now dictate where the coaches see him fit in well tells me this guy is a diva idiot.  Not even a day in the league and he's saying things like "I don't wanna get drafted past the first round" and "I don't wanna play where they want me to"

F this guy, he sounds like a stuck up a-hole.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2015, 06:40:45 pm »

I don't know if I'd say that an OLineman (from a football factory school) that was projected to go in the first round is "lucky to have a job."  First-round lineman normally indicates a pretty high value, and if this guy knows he's going to be exonerated and basically got screwed by bad timing, I can see why he feels like he's in control.

I mean, when you think about it, if there were a way for a first-round talent to opt out of the draft normally, they wouldn't be able to control their salary but they would have a high degree of control over where they went and what position they played at.  It's like if a normal unrestricted free agent had a fixed salary and the only leverage they had was which position they would play.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:42:40 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2015, 08:48:42 pm »

Albert became disgruntled in KC (and left) because they wanted to move him.  Let's not go blowing up our best lineman (when healthy) last year for some unproven rookie who projects as a guard.

You said it, when healthy, and towards the end of his career.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2015, 08:49:07 pm »

you know, i'm sorry, but this guy is lucky to have a job.  To now dictate where the coaches see him fit in well tells me this guy is a diva idiot.  Not even a day in the league and he's saying things like "I don't wanna get drafted past the first round" and "I don't wanna play where they want me to"

Why is he lucky? if anything he is the unluckiest SOB ever in NFL Draft history. Not only could he have possibly lost his first child he also lost out on millions. You got some weird definition of "lucky" that most don't hold.  Gone from a Top 10-15 pick and making millions to playing for the rookie minimum. Over something he didn't do per many reports.

He is a FREE AGENT at this point and that gives him the right to dictate where he can go.  Once again your anger is misguided Brian
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2015, 08:49:37 pm »

Or he is a guy trying to position himself in the best possible place to maximize the amount of money he will make in his short career as a football player, just like ANY OTHER player would do.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2015, 09:25:31 pm »

News breaking tonight that Collins is NOT the father of the child who died in the shooting. He passed a lied detector test with the police and he has a solid alibi for the time the murder went down.

Also, he has a meeting lined up with the Cowboys
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2015, 11:07:51 pm »

I get the feeling he won't sign for weeks, if not almost 2 months. The Cowboys have the best O-Line in football and both tackle spots are well taken, so he would have to be a Guard, something he said he preferred not to do.

Seems like he will visit lots of teams if he is even bothering to visit the Cowboys. Probably going to play them against each other in hopes of getting that tackle spot.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2015, 06:04:43 am »

I get the feeling he won't sign for weeks, if not almost 2 months. The Cowboys have the best O-Line in football and both tackle spots are well taken, so he would have to be a Guard, something he said he preferred not to do.

Seems like he will visit lots of teams if he is even bothering to visit the Cowboys. Probably going to play them against each other in hopes of getting that tackle spot.

I think he is going to sign by the weekend. He has been contacted by every team. He and his agents have already narrowed the list and they have told the teams he isn't going to he isn't going there. I think by Sunday this kid has a team
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2015, 08:37:48 am »

News breaking tonight that Collins is NOT the father of the child who died in the shooting. He passed a lied detector test with the police and he has a solid alibi for the time the murder went down.

Also, he has a meeting lined up with the Cowboys

Yeah what a lucky guy. He lost millions over something he had nothing to do with...
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2015, 12:30:25 pm »

ESPN reporting that he will not win the starting LG job and will be a bench player.

Sure would've been nice to have this kid starting for us as opposed to being a cheerleader. His decision still makes no sense to me.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2015, 12:43:43 pm »

ESPN reporting that he will not win the starting LG job and will be a bench player.

Sure would've been nice to have this kid starting for us as opposed to being a cheerleader. His decision still makes no sense to me.

He was born and raised a Cowboys fan. He was in awe of Jerry Jones and tour Jerry took him on. Kid went through hell and made a decision that made him happy in the moment. Didn't think long-term of what was best for his pocket-book.

Can't knock the kid as he was in a very rough patch in his life where his head was spinning
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2015, 01:23:30 pm »

Jerry showed him Jerrah World and we bought him lunch at Jimmy John's.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2015, 06:14:17 pm »

He could've come to Tampa and started on day one as he is way better than Smith.  And he'd be protecting the blind side of Famous Jameis.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray