Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:39:26 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Florida Panther fans...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Florida Panther fans...  (Read 3286 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: July 21, 2015, 01:07:27 pm »

Your minor league team is now in my city.  Send us some good players!

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 01:14:11 pm »

Maybe someone should send some to the Panthers.  Evil
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 01:40:16 pm »

You're going to get plenty of good players.  Get ready.  If Rocco Grimaldi doesn't make the big team, he will be your instant favorite.  All heart, no quit.  Great player!

Didn't know you were a Pirates fan!
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 02:09:51 pm »

the last time I watched the panther was in 95  when they made a stanley cup run.  Sad to say but hockey wont catch on in south florida

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 02:56:07 pm »

the last time I watched the panther was in 95  when they made a stanley cup run.  Sad to say but hockey wont catch on in south florida

Central Florida is doing just fine.

Go Lightning!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 03:05:49 pm »

I disagree with you.  that 1996 season was the last time the Panthers were any good. 

No team, I don't care who you are, is going to draw massive crowds after almost 20 consecutive seasons of garbage performance.  Yet somehow, they still have ~10,000 season ticket holders.

I think, if the Panthers ever put together a good team that can compete and make the playoffs a few years in a row, they will be a hot ticket in town.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 03:14:50 pm »

^^^ The entire fan base is season ticket holders?
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 03:28:46 pm »

^^^ The entire fan base is season ticket holders?
I know you're taking a shot but actually its probably not far off.  I don't see much Panthers' love outside of the immediate area.  So, the entire fan base lives fairly local and many are season ticket holders.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 03:39:38 pm »

I have to take them when I can get them. My team was down and out for so long.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 01:38:45 pm »

You're going to get plenty of good players.  Get ready.  If Rocco Grimaldi doesn't make the big team, he will be your instant favorite.  All heart, no quit.  Great player!

Didn't know you were a Pirates fan!

I covered the team for years, and worked for them for years as well.  I consider a lot of alumni, including past coaches, personal friends.

-Voltaire
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 12:19:24 am »

Im done with Hockey, Soon to be done with the Marlins as well. 

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 11:44:28 am »

I covered the team for years, and worked for them for years as well.  I consider a lot of alumni, including past coaches, personal friends.
Have you seen the team yet?  I'm curious to know your opinions.  I know most of the Panthers' players are at rookie camp now and waiting for the season to begin...  I don't know how the minor league schedule lines up with NHL.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 07:41:21 pm »

http://archive.pressconnects.com/article/20140518/SPORTS/305170006/Weinstein-Old-Dusters-brawl-still-one-ages

Here's a link to a story about my hometown hockey team that was the basis for many of the story lines in the movie Slap Shot.  I was only about nine years old at the time but remember going to some of these classic old hockey games.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 01:39:47 pm »

Have you seen the team yet?  I'm curious to know your opinions.  I know most of the Panthers' players are at rookie camp now and waiting for the season to begin...  I don't know how the minor league schedule lines up with NHL.

No, I'm not nearly as involved as I used to be. I stay in touch with some old buddies through FB or text - I attend a bunch of games (my daughter loves them as well).  I honestly don't know much about FLA's system at all!  If you asked me about the Marlins system, that would be a different story! Smiley

I do know we are going back to the original jersey, so I get to dust off my old one from the initial year when the Pirates won the Calder Cup! That was awesome.

-Voltaire
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray